• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Help

modernmav

Hey guys, I am playing around with our shop logo because we got a lot of criticism on here about how they are hard to read, I will post up what I've come up with shortly, but I wanted to see if anyone knows how the original designer (prior to my employment here) got the dot pattern around the words? If so that would be a big help.

Attachments

• WrapsLogosmall.jpg
    WrapsLogosmall.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 118

J Hill Designs

Heres what I did in corel

Add drop shadow
separate
convert to greyscale bitmap
bitmaps -> color transform -> halftone
largest dot size

Attachments

• htone.jpg
    htone.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 64

Dan Antonelli

Tough to pull off with that many elements on top of each other. Usually you can tell you might have a legibility issue when you lean too heavily on an outline to pull it off.

Awful lot of noise in the logo; specifically the blue Gulfside, with white outline, then black outline. Visually, that causes a lot of vibrations, and makes it hard to stand out.

Try and break it down to focal points, and order your copy in terms of importance, via primary and seconary. Right now, its a little hard to pull off because your two main elements compete, and somewhat clash.

Usually you know you have a slight problem with a design when it can't be embroidered because of all the details.

modernmav

ok, I'm just playing around with these for now to see if I can come up with something better to show the owner. Here is the first attempt at the T-Shirts logo, that everyone on here said read as I-shirts. I wanted to keep a similar look as before just make it cleaner and more readable (if thats a word). i posted a before and after for comparison

Attachments

• TshirtOrig1.jpg
    TshirtOrig1.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 65
  • ShirtsnewProof1.jpg
    ShirtsnewProof1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 50

modernmav

here is a 2nd attempt with no strokes around just a beveld edge?

Attachments

• newlogoproof2.jpg
    newlogoproof2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 63

SignManiac

You're wasting you time trying to salvage that ugly mess. Start from scratch if you're serious about designing a better logo.

signgal

Uncreative individuals always think they want to keep the same art and just "tweak" it or "update" it, until you give them something that blows them away instead :)

Marco

New Image

Just like the rest of these guys are saying, I rather see you redo this whole thing. Blank canvas time.:toasting:

modernmav

thanks for the input marco. I will have a go from scratch and see what I come up with. I know the owner really likes his original logo (the one on the left) but we'll see if I can come up with something better.

Sign_Boy

thanks for the input marco. I will have a go from scratch and see what I come up with. I know the owner really likes his original logo (the one on the left) but we'll see if I can come up with something better.

How long have they been using it?
I'd show him a few other logos being used by others... google them. I think he may change his mind then.

visual800

well, it's horrible and straight out of the 80s! Time for an upgrade and while upgrading lets lose the "wrap qualities" crackled stone, pixelated dropshadow and horrendous colors that do not complement the others.

Simple is better.

Marlene

they have been using that logo or some close variation of it for the 17yrs i believe

think mullet. there are people still out there with them but they look really bad and outdated. that logo is a mullet, time to update the look and join the rest of us in the new century.