• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Help

muledalton

I'm sure everyone's seen school vans driving down the highway with something like "Perryton ISD" on the doors. My local school has asked me to redo the vinyl stickers that are currently block print and very plain looking. I'm stumped in what to do and would like any suggestions. I've attached our logo and letters for you consideration. Thanks in advance!
Darrin

The words will say "Perryton I.S.D." and the logo as follows:
ranger.jpg

iSign

well, what do you want to do?
what do they want you to do?
how much are they paying you to do 'it'?
did you collect yet?

W

wetgravy

In addition to what isign asks ...

Color limitations?
Typeface limitations?
Art limitations?
Do they want you to create new everything?
Or just tweak the lettering?
Will this be for digital printing?
will this be for screen printing / hot stamping?
will this be for cut vinyl?

questions are endless, need more info before anyone will really be able to help.

muledalton

It will be cast red vinyl with the logo and wording on both driver and passenger doors and on the back of each van. I'm not worried about payment upfront, I work there as a teacher as well. They are 60% of all the business i get in this small town.

Travis Stanley

If your a Teacher there you should get an F, They asked you to do it not have someone else. What an example to set for your students:noway:

Kwiksigns

wookie
So... what is the question here? If you already have that for the logo and you don't care about a payment... Get some fonts, put together some proofs, and take it to them for approval... I don't see the point of your post.

muledalton

Sorry! In the past there's been a few people, mostly the ladies, that love to show off their skills on how much they can do with so little but apparently they are not on the site today.

This forum is is pretty awesome but the only problem I have with it are 90% of the posts are from people who like to rock the boat. When someone comes looking for help most of the reply's don't help at all. They are just a bunch of "know it all" or "I'm better than you" replies. I really didn't know till lately how many people have egos when it comes to sign-making. For a minute I thought I was getting some responses from some NFL defensive back that made a big play and they wanted the world to know about it.

Anyway, thank you to the people who were nice and willing to help. Maybe I'll try again another day.

Travis Stanley

Individuals or organizations seeking information or help in order to avoid working with a professional sign maker are not accepted as members.
No Ego here, Help doesn't mean do it for me. Show some effort!

muledalton

Once again the egos are going on. Assumption knowing nothing is part of big egos. for your information I've given them several examples. I'm just looking to give them the best that's out there. Please do not respond to this if you have nothing positive to say. Just ignore me like I'm a nobody and I'll love you for it.

As far as ISD.....it stands for Independent School District as you will notice in the attached PDF's.

Thanks
View attachment van logos.pdf

View attachment example 2.pdf

View attachment example 3.pdf

View attachment example.pdf

Mason

Example 3 is your best bet. Of the examples shown it most closely resembles what one could consider a "Logo".
Myself I would look at it as more of a word-mark with an accompanying icon, which one could argue is a "logo".

As for the remarks concerning "ego", I think that was a touch too touchy, if ya catch my meaning. You came, you asked for help/critique, and it seems thats what you got..

peace out man!

One last thing,
Kerning is your friend, keep that in mind.
Yours is terrible.

PMG

well if its your artwork or you clients (especially) you should protect it better...thats all im saying......now everyone here could have your artwork....for free LOL:munchie:

stoneandtle

well if its your artwork you should protect it better...thats all im saying......now everyone here could have your artwork....for free LOL:munchie:

Oh very good point...I was wondering why you said that too. Didn't dawn on me that someone else could use it outright.