Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOGO help

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Sticky Signs, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Here's a few concepts we're working on. Nothing is done yet and we're having a hard time deciding which one we like best. I'm hoping you guys can help point us in the right direction.
    This company fabricates stuff for the 4x4/off-road market and focuses mainly on Jeeps.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    1st - too distressed, and slanted
    2nd - too plain
    3rd - not enough contrast
    4th - best

3. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    I'm not too keen on any of them but if I had to choose one it would be the second one without the distressed texture.

Edit: I think the first one could work, why single color though? Get rid of the textured look and play with some colors for contrast and you could have something there

4. mgcustomgraphics

mgcustomgraphics Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Second, the rest for some reason reminds me of converse shoes

5. john1

john1 Guest

I like the 2nd and 4th. Great for print/cut stickers, invoices, business cards etc.

6. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    If you approach it from putting this on shirts, the first one, because of the weathered look. That's the fad right now is the weathered "grunge" look.

I know that this type of look sells pretty well to the a/m performance vehicle crowd as well, which seems like would be that companies target audience as well (jeeps).

I don't think the weathered look would go well with other items though, so that effect would have to be taken out on some things unless the layout was done around that, so that way it would still show up.

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Idon't know just does not look off road, Jeep or 4x4 to me.

They are nice but not for a Jeep or off road look..Needs more sport & brawn & GRRRRR in them.

8. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Thanks for the input so far. I appreciate the feed back. Keep it coming.

9. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Last one with gnarly tread bumps. It's begging to become an off-road tire.

10. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    Is this too infringy? Probably...:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. JoshLoring

JoshLoring Very Active Member

Break the roundness out the 4th one and use a meaty tire tread side view ;) bring the vehicle into the logo without bring the vehicle.

12. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I like number 3 with the star. i suppose you can alter its appearance by taking out transparencies if need to

13. John in Cali

John in Cali Member

Jan 31, 2011
    usa
    My preference is number one, with some tweaking...maybe back off a bit with the "grunge".

I just noticed the stars on the top do not match the bottom stars. Match the top to the bottom.

Attached Files:

• awol.jpg
      awol.jpg
      File size:
      752.2 KB
      Views:
  14. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    on number 1, maybe take out the distressed look, make the crossbar a rough wood texture, same color, with a broken stick look at the ends, trapazoidal shaped. Would enhance the outdoor part, but everything else would have to be clean lines to counter the use of a texture.