• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo infringement

Dan Antonelli

Which is why you all should have a hold harmless clause in your logo agreements which specifies that you cannot be held liable if the mark you create infringes on the rights of another, and that they should content a patent attorney and register their mark.

Locals Find!

I may just be clueless here but, how exactly did he infringe.

His S is definitely different and he isn't marketing a similar product.

So how is he infringing he is selling drinks and they are selling bicycles. Its not like someone is going to go into a store looking for a bike and be fooled into buying his drink

OldPaint

hada guy in sarasota fl when i lived there, was a jaguar mechanic shop. NO WAY affiliated with the car company Jaguar. he had a sign made not by me, with the word Jaguar just like it is in the car logo text. you have to really look at it, but the LOGO J, is called a "drop down J." what this means is the hook on the J is below the bottom line of the rest of the letters. all he wanted me to change on a sign on both side was the J! jaguar told him as long as the J doesn't drop down, it was ok to use the name. sometimes little differences make all the difference. i hada mobile sign truck. called it SIGNS HERE & NOW. was not the name of my company, but only the mobile part. guess who i got a call from tellin me i couldnt use that name for my COMPANY........because it had the word NOW in it))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))that went real far after i told them i had a lawery as a brother in law who specialized in corporate law))))))))))))))) and since it wasnt the name of my company but of a SINGLE VEHICLE.... never heard from em.