Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo Making Template Software

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by Betty, May 7, 2011.

1. Betty

Betty New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Is there a good vector logo making template program out there that is really great. There are those times you need something quick for a customer.

Tags:
  2. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton

Yep, it's called ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS5!!!

Buy it, lean it, use it-Winning!

:thumb:

3. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    LOL... I was gonna say Corel

4. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Pencil is the fastest and least expensive.

5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Buy a SignGold starter kit... They come with ABC Design by Brian the Brush. Sort of a template-ey logo design kit.
    But I do hope you know that a real logo can't be done with software, it comes from your own grey matter.
    Love....Jill

6. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Type in logos for $99.00 into google. Pick any of them. All the quickie logos you could want in minutes.

If your clients want to go that route double the price you pay and take the money and just be done with it.

Please understand I am not encouraging this route. Having at least attempted to design logos and failed at it. If you can't do it, hire a professional from here. There are plenty. If your client wants cheap crap. Follow above instructions and don't bother trying to argue with them. Take your money and move on.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  7. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    oh....em....gee.

8. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Adholio, you are a piece of work. First you tell someone to google $99 logos, pick any of them, then double the price and be done with it if your client likes it. Then a response of OMG, and you edit your post to say "understand I'm not encouraging this route...blah blah blah."

Which is it?

Man, while I sometimes am entertained by your posts as I find lack of etiquette and infighting amongst members entertaining (while unprofessional), it sure seemed a lot easier on my nerves while you were away.

(To the OP and others, sorry to be a thread pirate)

9. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    this.

10. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    MS Word seems to work well for your needs.

11. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
  12. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Any client that wants a template logo is an opportunity to upsell them through knowledge. Clearly explain to them that any logo used from stock parts will not be able to be Trademarked and that if they ever want to grow they'll end up needing to rebrand and pay that money they were trying to avoid anyway, but this time they'll be throwing away all the built-up brand identification they've achieved in the meantime.

If they still don't get it tell them to find their own logo. Only do work you're proud of.