• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo use, Copyrighted and or Trademarked

WildWestDesigns

Got a source or is this another one of those "HD sues people every day" kind of stories?

K&N Engineering Inc. v. Kevin Campbell et al

Filed: 12-12-11

REPORT ON THE FILING OF AN ACTION Regarding a Patent or a Trademark (Initial Notification) filed by K&N Engineering Inc. (ad) (Entered: 12/15/2011)

ThinkRight

Got a source or is this another one of those "HD sues people every day" kind of stories?
No source , I remember hearing about a couple of small businesses back in the late 90's that were sued for buying coke items and reselling , they argued cause they sold coke they had the right to sell other stuff.
I think I heard they were knockoff signs and glassware.

WildWestDesigns

No source , I remember hearing about a couple of small businesses back in the late 90's that were sued for buying coke items and reselling , they argued cause they sold coke they had the right to sell other stuff.
I think I heard they were knockoff signs and glassware.

Whoops. I thought Pat was talking about my post since his comment came right after mine and he didn't quote you in his post.

My mistake.

Pat Whatley

Whoops. I thought Pat was talking about my post since his comment came right after mine and he didn't quote you in his post.

My mistake.

I was replying to you as much as anybody else. I can't find anything about that case anywhere other than a few sites showing that it was filed. Nothing that says what the suit was actually about.

WildWestDesigns

I was replying to you as much as anybody else. I can't find anything about that case anywhere other than a few sites showing that it was filed. Nothing that says what the suit was actually about.

Other then a trademark violation, your right, nothing much on there. Which probably makes me think that it was settled out of court, before it got any further.

Pat Whatley

Nevermind, I found it. That lawsuit was K&N against a guy who created a website (knfilterssale.com) using K&N's logo at material in an attempt to take traffic and sales away from the K&N website.\

That's a heck of a lot different than a guy using K&N Filters wanting to brag about it by putting a decal on his race trailer.

WildWestDesigns

Didn't settle our of court. K&N won $11,400 and ownership of the website knfiltersale.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...96+&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Yes, i was that bored.

You had to have been. That didn't show up in my web searches at all. I think if I wanted to get that extra bit of intel on the sites that I looked at, there would have been a cost involved.

Your right. Very different. All I saw was the trademark violation in the original filing.