• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

long lasting print on coroplast

bigben

I need some coroplast printed that will last for few years or as long as possible. My guy where I send my flatbed printing suggest me to put a UV coat on the coroplast, then print them, then put a UV coat over that. The first coat is for a better ink adhesion and the last one is for obvious reason. What do you think of this pre-coat step?

on another note, I have to cut the corolast 1,25in along the flute. If I don't use my flatbed guy and put a laminated vinyl on the coroplast, do you think the edge will curl with the time? What material would you suggest?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Gino

Premium Subscriber
On our quote sheets, our invoices and verbal conversations with anyone...... Cor-X is listed as a temporary outdoor product. Why would anyone want the cheapest thing on earth to last a few years ??

Billct2

I've had "temporary" coro signs last five years, last thing I worry about is how long coro will last.

Baz

Digital print on a good quality intermediate vinyl with overlaminate (ie: Oracal 3651 with 210 laminate) then applied to the coroplast.
That will be your longest life coro sign.

I would never guarantee longevity on coroplast though.

Kwiksigns

wookie
i rarely ever, if ever, laminate coro signs... They can last a few years from what i have seen without it. They usually get picked up by the county anyway

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
On our quote sheets, our invoices and verbal conversations with anyone...... Cor-X is listed as a temporary outdoor product. Why would anyone want the cheapest thing on earth to last a few years ??

This is why I never eat Prime Rib on a paper plate.

CanuckSigns

Oh come on, Coro and years should never be used in the same sentence.

Why not? I have coroplast signs that have been outside for over 3 years now, still look pretty good. I know it's not the ideal choice, and I would never guarantee it to a client, but it is possible.

I've had clients want temporary signs on coroplast and they end up using them for a few years. The biggest issue with longevity is UV from the sun turning the polypropylene brittle, but with a full print on both sides there is no exposed area, so it lasts a bit longer.

mnapuran

Yea... we have coro signs outside last years no problem. Oracal printed with eco-solvent with 210 lam.