• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Long pinstriping not tracking US Cutter SC series Question

george1948

Hello ,
Needed several stripes of 1/2" wide pin striping at 6 foot long... after cutting I see they did not track right or the cutter cut it off, they started out at 1/2" and gradually, some but not all, went down to 1/4" wide. Sure makes quite a difference. Had quite a waste of vinyl.
I am now using a SC cutter SC Series cutter,

Any Ideas?
Wondering is this just the SC Cutter ( cheap) ?

I will be looking for a 24" -30" Roland or Graphtec cutter. In your opinion which is better.

I have a job coming soon with long graphics to be cut. don't want to be stuck not being able to do the job at it's best
George
Portage, In

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you're not doing some type of custom color or printed pinstriping; just buy a roll of pinstriping. It will be perfectly cut and have clear premask on it already.
I normally buy my pinstriping from Restylers Choice.

I've used a lot of cutters, personally I like Gerber plotters for cut vinyl only, and Graphtec for print-plot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Other than a sprocket fed cutter, I'd buy them like mentioned. We just made 60 some stripes 1/8" wide by 100" long. Each and every one was perfect cut on our Gerber. :thumb:

I use a program called Sign Cut that has an option where you can cut in steps. This comes in extremely handy for long tracking jobs on our Roland GX24. Maybe you can try a trial of the software to see if it works for you with your cutter.