• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Long time, first time.

My name is Brad and have enjoyed reading the forums for a while, and decided to sign up. Well, it couldn't have happened at a better time. I'm going to jump in feet first with a question and a plea for help. My company just received and are in the process of setting up our new CET 500X flatbed printer. We purchased the printer with a 4 head configuration(CMYK). The techs are here and DO NOT have a color profile for the 4 color. They have a profile for the 6. They can not find a profile anywhere.
Does anyone have an answer to my problem? Thank you.

LenR

What are the other 2 colors in the 6 color profile?
If OG or some "colors" then you are SOL.
If they are light cyan and light magenta then I would use those for now.

Typestries

Wow, really? Sounds like they are operating like Harry Gandy. Build great machines, clueless about color management. Too bad both components are needed in this world.

If you are running onyx, order an eye1, and build your own profile. It's really not hard at all, and you'll have a profile tailored to your machine, head conditions, and shop environment.

I'd make them buy you the Eye1, but that's just me.

LenR

It's a 4 color profile with or without the light colors.
It may not be quite as smooth and your rip may throw back an error but the machine shouldn't explode as far as I know.
Just stand back;)

Thank you for the quick responses. Happy to finally be a member. Now I'm going to see if I can break a very expensive paperweight. Ironically we thought getting off the truck was the hard part...To be continued...

10sacer

Bradley,

Who is doing the install? Comparing CET to Gandi isn't very fair, now is it?
Your install techs are machine guys most likely and in alot of service organizations - they are there to install the machine and get it in operating condition. Color management is separate training. If you go to CEt's download page - there are generic profiles that will work fine.

benjakes

I am guessing you are running caldera? Different ink?

If 50 series onyx, they have multiple profiles at web site.

I would call them.

Thank you all for the welcome and the laughs. 10sacer- we actually have someone from CET and someone from our vendor who sold us the machine. After many tests and setups we think we have a workable profile until the eye 1 arrives today and tells us how far off we are.

10sacer

Well, yeah, you gotta have a way to measure the patches and get it done correctly. I still think every manufacturer should just include a spectro in the sales package when you buy the printer and you can opt out if you already own one.