• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LongBeachCoupe... NY, not CA... HEY!

LongBeachCoupe

forgot to mention here on long island we have plenty of distributors. some of the better stocking wholesalers are www.signdepotsales, S&F Farmingdale.

I just spoke with Rob there, what a character, im gonna swing by to meet them and take a look at their operation... They only sell MacTac though for the most part.

I was planning on getting oracal 651 but he was telling me unless its complex bends the vinyl is going with, that i should go with their callendered 9800 series mactac... He didnt sound like he was trying to "sell me" but im green....

Should i listen to them or pick up the Oracal?
Other LI distributers?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than listen to opinions here and not be totally sure..... get sample rolls from several manufacturers and try your own experiments. Big letters, small letters, skinny letters and lower case little letters, script, casuals and serif fonts can all be in the equation. Once you tried the same test on four or five brands.... try to make a decision. Call Fellers, they sell all the major brands you want to be concerned about. Once you find one you like.... track down the best deal based on your consumption and locale.

Good Luck....................​

Sign_Boy

Signboy, your on the money, thats it!
Good/Bad/indifferent?

I don't know anything about the machine. Graphtec and Roland is what I'm accustomed to.
You paid about $400 - $500 for it.
Compare
http://www.signwarehouse.com/EQ-VC-G-FC70-2-p-PLT-FC7000-MK2-60.html

Rather than listen to opinions here and not be totally sure..... get sample rolls from several manufacturers and try your own experiments. Big letters, small letters, skinny letters and lower case little letters, script, casuals and serif fonts can all be in the equation. Once you tried the same test on four or five brands.... try to make a decision. Call Fellers, they sell all the major brands you want to be concerned about. Once you find one you like.... track down the best deal based on your consumption and locale.

Good Luck....................

Gino's got a great point!!

LongBeachCoupe

Good Luck....................

im really most interested in getting the right vinyl for the job. However my experience in vinyl is squat, so what i see with my own eyes doesnt mean a damn thing! What i do know is that thru numbers come truth, and when talking about vinyl, this is the right venue. Im coming to the experts!

From what ive read OraCal's only shortfall is that some people have issues with their blade not cutting it properly or having too much pressure. Beyond that it looks like smooth sailing.(from what ive read)

I want to have faith in the products ability to stand up against time, and the way i can figure it out best is thru a non-partisan 3rd party. If this guy only sells one manufacturer, its kinda silly to ask his "honest" opinion on something IMHO.

Im really just concerned with 3 types of vinyl.

1. What is the best transparent vinyl to overlay on tail light applications?

2. What is the best vinyl to make simple standard "car club type" (no calvins!) window decal? Is a callendered vinyl good enough? It seems as if the consensus is to get Oracal 751, last thing i want is to be cheap.

3. What is the best black vinyl to use on an automotive "black out" roof overlay?

Im going to go by this MacTac guy tomorrow, on the weekend ill try and go take a look at a place that carries other stuff, but id really like your opinions:U Rock:.

I see Signwarehouse.com has a 751 special... Choose five 24” x 10 yard rolls for only $215...

Last edited:
P

ProWraps™

wtf is a shittytech vinyl plotter? and err im sorry but if it came with flexi, its a burned copy.

LongBeachCoupe

wtf is a shittytech vinyl plotter? and err im sorry but if it came with flexi, its a burned copy.
Wow, what a welcome!

If anyone helps me out, ill get vinyl from them, if not im just going to a local shop... Im not sure why no one is interested in providing opinion or advice (especially if they sell vinyl!)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps I'm wrong here and overstepping my boundaries, but for the most part.... Merchant Members you want to quote you on deals.... they generally will wait for you to come to them. :wink:

Try visiting their websites or calling the MM's here at 101. They'll be happy to quote you over the phone or send you an e-mail, but most quality people don't have a menu list of their rolls of die cut vinyl ready to post at a minute's notice.

As far as a nice welcome... I think you came out quite unscathed with how you started and then melting two or three requests all into your introduction thread.

Rules or no rules….. being an administrator somewhere else or not…. being a hobbyist or a full trained sign mechanic has no bearing on how you’ll be treated. Delivery is probably what works for ya or agin ya. Most here know their trade and could care less if one is looking for free information, trolling for a fight or just wanting to discuss the price of butter in England. Now, when one starts talking signs and how they expect and want the world to respond…. anybody will hold back.

Again, welcome to the land of sign painters where we take our livelihood seriously.​

Ever think about becoming a ‘Contributing Member ?? :smile:

LongBeachCoupe

I just found the site, and i plan on becoming a contributing member as i understand how it keeps the forum alive..

Gino i truly appreciate your honest off-the cuff responses and the interaction i have with you and some of the other merchant members has pushed me closer to becoming a contributing member...

wimbley

Welcome!

Welcome LongBeachCoupe! We wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves. We are a national wholesale dimensional sign supplier specializing in sandblasted and routed sign projects.

We have developed an online portfolio www.SignPortfolio.com specifically to support shops like yours in illustrating examples of every 3-D sign style imaginable. We also have the following sites that are a wealth of information:

http://www.SandBlasted.com
http://www.SignMonument.com
http://www.VgrooveSigns.com
http://www.LobbyDisplays.net

In addition to these services, we also maintain a monthly 'Featured Project' newsletter. You can sign up at the bottom of the page at this link or simply bookmark it and check back each month:

http://www.sandblasted.com/featured_Sign.html

You will find us a pleasure to work with LongBeachCoupe. Thanks again and welcome to Signs101!

Frances

Attachments

• welcome-signs101-sandblasted.jpg
    welcome-signs101-sandblasted.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 68

rcook99

Welcome from way upstate NY!!! I might be down your way the first weekend of August with the family to visit NYC and take them to a Yankees Game on the 3rd.

LightHouse

NOt sure why you PM'ed me this
nissan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you ask about my nissan forum? I hope you werent planning on trying to steal business from be, thats not the type of welcome i was looking for...

But i was simply asking a question. i am apart of every major car forum, i was simply wondering which one it was you are apart of. I'm not concerned about taking business from you that you don't even have. By the way i thought you were only doing it as a hobby?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
NOt sure why you PM'ed me this

But i was simply asking a question. i am apart of every major car forum, i was simply wondering which one it was you are apart of. I'm not concerned about taking business from you that you don't even have. By the way i thought you were only doing it as a hobby?

Here we go again.... a bicycle going in reverse............ :popcorn:

Welcome.

I start the same way you did. As a hobby in the extra room of my parents house.
Hints the name "house of grafix"
Now I have a great little business that i can make some good money off of.
I just bought a Roland SP300 and paid in full..
not many can say that! :)

Everyone gets their starts different!

Enjoy the site.. but watch out for the trolls :)