• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Look and feel of latex on fabrics

jhanson

Just wondering what the general feedback on printing fabric has been with the larger HP Scitex latex printers such as the LX600, LX800 and LX850. My company has an LX850, and we ran some relatively low-coverage prints on a thin fabric that worked beautifully when backlit.

However, when we switched to a heaver "triple white" knit and printed some heavy black colors (which looked beautiful at first) we started to have issues when the banner was taken off and handled. Wherever it was wrinkled or folded, the black would lighten up and turn grayish. I'm assuming that is because the ink layer attached to the fabric was not flexing as much as the underlying fabric, causing it to detach and change color.

Has anyone else had experience with this sort of thing, and if so, do you have any remarks or suggestions on how to avoid this type of issue (besides the obvious "don't print heavy blacks"?)

Tony Hogarth

Hi, we have printed a number of fabric jobs with heavy blacks on and have had great results. These had to out to have a silicon keader sewn on and then were returned and tried in the systems still looking great. I think your issue may be more with your fabric.

Tony Hogarth

Sorry, forgot to say that we print on an LX850.

The creasing results you talked about were something we were getting on our early fabrics and especially on flag.

ForgeInc

we've had similar results with certain fabrics. Need to really dial in your profiles, but on certain materials it just won't go away...