• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Look who's hanging around.

skyhigh

Mamma has been hanging around the house for the last 3 years. Every hunting season we fear she won't make it.....so far so good.

She finally had a family of her own this past spring.....and we finally got some pictures. Seems you never have a camera handy when you need one.

Attachments

• Albino copy.jpg
    Albino copy.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Deer Family copy.jpg
    Deer Family copy.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 65

SignosaurusRex

VERY COOL! Rare site right there. Glad she's made it through the seasons. Out here, it is a major violation to harvest an Albino deer. Many years ago I had the privalage of watching a Doe with her Albino fawns in a heavily hunted area for a good part of an afternoon. One was a male and a few years later my hunting partner spotted a nice Albino buck in the same area. I like to think that other hunters enjoyed seeing it and let it be.

bernie

Wow! I have not seen an albino ... too cool.

The deer hang out in the fields around here between my neighbors and my property. Way cool. Fun to watch them play.
We have no hunting signs posted everywhere and I'm sure the hunters go nuts when they see the beauty of a few of these bucks. :)

Bernie

Letterbox Mike

So cool! I've never seen an albino deer before, what a beautiful creature.

We have a mother and two babies living in our backyard right now too, we love waking up every morning to see them out there. It's strange for us because we live on a half-acre lot in a suburban neighborhood so it's a little unusual to have a family of deer set up house around here.

ChicagoGraphics

That is so cool, I never saw an albino before.

My dad has a family of deer that come to his backyard everyday to eat pears off his tree and to lounge around, I also feed them by hand when ever I go there, by the way he lives in the city of Chicago, you wouldn't think there be deers in the city.

skyhigh

I've been hoping to catch a picture of a big black bear thats been hanging around also. I've only seen him a couple of times (once was just a glance), but we have seen his antics quite often.....garbage, bird feeders, neighbors garbage. He is so big, his belly almost drags on the ground. Definitely won't have any trouble making it thru the winter....haha. He has to be at least 500+ lbs.

I'm going to have to set up a trail cam, and see if I can get some pictures.

ps. My smart a$$ neighbor told me he saw him the other night. Said at a quick glance, he thought it was me. :cool:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Great seeing an albino...... anything.

We too, have quite a few deer feeding in our yard at any given time normal for deer..... early morning and dusk, but sometimes very late in the night. There are two herds around our house. One is about 6 or 7 and the other one is close to 15. We have so much wild life it's almost like a zoo. About 20 years ago we had a huge albino in our woods. He must've been easily over 200lbs. My sister got a photo of him Christmas Eve at the bottom of our hill.

We now have motion cameras completely around our house which record quite well at night also. Since we got them, we've been watching short movies of racoons, deer, opossums, groundhogs, a fox, squirrels and lots of other little critters eating, playing and getting into mischief. We hear coyotes in the woods, but only seen it/them twice. Like you sky, there was a black bear caught on the other side of our hill a few years ago.