Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lookin for coil spring clip-art

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by zoiko, Aug 2, 2008.

1. zoiko

zoiko Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Hi, I am looking for vector art work of a specific coil spring .... If anyone has a link to a place where I can buy it I will be real happy, If not I guess I am going to spend some time with the pen tool (my buddy)....Thanks

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Where's the specifics of the coil spring?

3. Vinylman

Vinylman Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Berlin Center, Ohio
    coiled spring

Anything like this?

Attached Files:

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Here's a link to a spring we offer. It's a vector print and cut (all vectors including a contour cutpath) and too complex for vinyl cutting.

5. zoiko

zoiko Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Thanks guys .... I should have said an automotive coil spring ... LOL. I am drawing it, And if it comes out good i will share it with you guys here. Thanks. Fred if you have one let me know.

6. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

you got any freinds in the AUTO PARTS line of work?
    NAPA has a book, from their chassie supplier, that has good clean pics of AUTOMOTIVE COIL SPRINGS. if you can barrow their book and scan it

7. zoiko

zoiko Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Hey Oldpaint that would have worked. I Am almost done with the one I am doing, I found the image I wanted and I just started with the pen tool in illy .... besides I need to learn the pen tool. I will still go down to NAPA and AUTOZONE and see what they have I still may need more versions/angles of the springs. Thanks ....

Most of the springs I found had a tapered end to them And I needed springs with the round continuos ends ... I hope I explaind that right LOL... Once again Thanks.

8. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

thats why i said NAPA had pictures of springs. most of the diff in a coil spring was hieght, diameter of coil, diameter of steel, and end of coil, top/bottom.