• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking 4 a good transfer tape for Gandi's UV SUN inks.....

KR3signguy

currently our transfer tape does't adhere well to the UV ink & masking tape doesn't want to either untill you burnish it in, resulting in the inkchipping afterwards.

Any suggestions?

KR3signguy

to transfer a custon routed graphic.
On rare occations we'll print a contour cut graphic which needs to have transfer tape for either our installer or the customer.I could easily switch to a solvent print but I'm looking for a tape that can work with the UV

WDP

Sounds like you need a very low tack tape or your inks not bounding? Simple transfer tape shouldn't do that. Maybe there's an ink problem. Just a suggestion.

KR3signguy

the ink's great, knock on wood but it's properties reject adhesion & I have no idea why.
low tack or standard is too light.
Masking tape has the right adhesion but pulls the ink off in spots.

schurms

It comes off cause it does not stick correctly......................you have ink adhesion problems....................

KR3signguy

actually the ink adhere's quite well.
The ink only pulls up in tiny spots if I burnish masking take really hard into it.
I'll look into the 600 3M.