• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking all over for this font

racershawn

It is Apercu Std Bold ... we are doing a corp van that requires this font ... realy need some help on this one... Thanks All!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmmmmm......................... Wonder how this will pan out ?? Will they delete their own illegal post ??

shoresigns

Hmmmmmmm......................... Wonder how this will pan out ?? Will they delete their own illegal post ??
It seems not. I did report it at the time, using the report button.

And in case anyone wanders in here and wonders what the relevant rules are here...

Signs101 Rules said:
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
https://signs101.com/help/terms

Additional rules pinned to the top of the Fonts subforum:
https://signs101.com/threads/please-dont-ask-for-digital-files-at-signs-101.21110/

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
shoresigns ... GitHub is not a piracy site.
I merely googled the font name and provided the 2nd link that appeared in Google: GitHub
The forum policy reads as follows:

In short, Signs 101 is not to be used for soliciting the transfer of digital files. You can ask where to obtain needed artwork or ask how to go about creating it, but you cannot ask someone to give it to you at this forum.

It is the policy of Signs 101 to encourage pointing members to where they can obtain what they seek but, at the same time to remove any post which solicits any other member(s) to transfer any artwork, logo or other graphic product.

It's a bit ambiguous right? On one hand you have"you can ask where to obtain" whatever it is that you need - but "you cannot ask someone to give it to you..."
I merely [google=Googled Apercu Std Bold]Apercu Std Bold[/google]

As mentioned in the other thread - Even Fred recently posted a link to dafontfree.net - one of the sites you defined as "piracy" and "illegal"
Signs101 Staff are not in the business of policing other websites' practices. So shoresigns - I'm not exactly sure which Signs101 policy was violated here.
I'll bring this thread to Signs101Admin's attention to see what he thinks. I'll also reiterate:

We would cordially ask that you leave the moderating to the actual Signs101 Staff OR even request to join the team if you think you can add a higher standard of professionalism as concerns moderating the forum.

Thanks.

SignsSupport

In other words, "It is the policy of Signs 101 to encourage pointing members to where they can obtain what they seek, but you agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which risks copyright infringement."

It's your bad and there's no other way to twist it.

SignsSupport

In other words, "It is the policy of Signs 101 to encourage pointing members to where they can obtain what they seek, but you agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which risks copyright infringement."

It's your bad and there's no other way to twist it.
Fred Weiss wrote that policy back in 2005. And I'm not sure why you feel the need to point blame jsmoritz2000
FWIW ... I've suggested that a *truly* cohesive, unambiguous, updated and specific set of policies be created. We'll see...
But until then - there has been no policy violation as concerns posting the GitHub link.

SignsSupport

SignosaurusRex

shoresigns ... GitHub is not a piracy site.
I merely googled the font name and provided the 2nd link that appeared in Google: GitHub
The forum policy reads as follows:

It's a bit ambiguous right? On one hand you have"you can ask where to obtain" whatever it is that you need - but "you cannot ask someone to give it to you..."
I merely [google=Googled Apercu Std Bold]Apercu Std Bold[/google]

As mentioned in the other thread - Even Fred recently posted a link to dafontfree.net - one of the sites you defined as "piracy" and "illegal"
Signs101 Staff are not in the business of policing other websites' practices. So shoresigns - I'm not exactly sure which Signs101 policy was violated here.
I'll bring this thread to Signs101Admin's attention to see what he thinks. I'll also reiterate:

Thanks.

SignsSupport

With all due respect there SignsSupport, It might be most advantageous to request a clarification from Fred Weiss concerning this matter. He is clearly well knowledged in matters concerning EULA laws and Intellectual Property (Fonts Included). I have never seen Fred post a link to any site that aids the piracy of any font. NOTE: There are many here that not only make signs for a living, but also create and distribute fonts through legitimate (pay) sources (myself included). They, and I, do not enjoy seeing the perpetuation of piracy with links posted by the well-meaning and uneducated few or those that just don't give a crap.
I understand the growing pains that Signs101 is going through but, Signs101 needs to draw a clear and defined line here.

SignsSupport

It might be most advantageous to request a clarification from Fred Weiss concerning this matter.
Thanks for the suggestion SignosaurusRex - but I have been instructed to carry out the initiative of the new Signs101 owner. I do not need to consult with anyone but him. No offense meant... Anyone else feeling the need to contact with betterment suggestions can do so via PM/Conversation.

And yes Fred did post a link to dafreefont.net ... See https://signs101.com/threads/identify-font.146578/#post-1376458 - It's a site that someone has said is illegal and contains pirated fonts. I've done a bit of research and I can find nothing which indicates the sites are illegal. Can you? If yes - Please share!

They, and I, do not enjoy seeing the perpetuation of piracy with links posted by the well-meaning and uneducated few or those that just don't give a crap.
I understand the growing pains that Signs101 is going through but, Signs101 needs to draw a clear and defined line here.

And I do give a crap - otherwise I would not be spending my extra time making the posts I have here; I'd simply not care and move on to a different thread or splurge on Facebook. It's quite easy to do that.
I do agree with the "draw a clear and defined line here" sentiment, as I posted in my previous reply:
FWIW ... I've suggested that a *truly* cohesive, unambiguous, updated and specific set of policies be created.

When and/or if that clear line is drawn and vehemently enforced there will likely be complaints by people who feel they've been censored or some such. We've seen this recently in some threads created a few days ago. "Growning pains" does not even begin to describe it... Adolescent tantrum seems more accurate. But it's an interesting process: this community. So - We'll see.

SignsSupport