• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking at 60" printer in my area for wraps

rossi graphics

ENCAD NOVAJET 850 what do think about it ? i know need laminator too
would this be good for wraps i can get it around $4k i am doing vinyl cutting now
would like to break in digital printing, wraps market. really want cut & print and lamanator soultion ,but out price range just now.

if you think this is good ,what laminator would you go with?

thanks
bob

CS-SignSupply

NO NO NO

For one, you can buy these still in the box (Overstock) for half that.

Two, tough to find ink and it is expensive

Three, slow

Four, requires coated materials - expensive...

JUST NO

Letterbox Mike

The Encad 850 won't work for wraps, that's an aqueous printer. You need solvent.

Until you have a market built up, you should really consider outsourcing your wrap printing to someone. This way you can hone your design and installation skills and make sure there is indeed a market for what you want to sell. Alot of shops fail because they buy equipment before they have developed a market for that service.

letterman7

Hazelton and the surrounding area is flooded with guys doing wraps. Unless you have a specific, built-in client base, you'd probably be better off subbing out to them for the prints.

Mosh

$4K to get in the wrap game...NOT!!! You are going to need at least $25K for a printer and a laminator and remember
you need a place to do it and software to run it and....

rossi graphics

thanks, just wanto know if would be $4000 mistake, no use to me and now it is.

so there is profit to be made out sourceing?

so what do you suggest ? i would like to get roland 54"print & cut.
but open to suggestions?

software not problem. flexi ? or is something better

i have almost complete set of all titles aroura graphics almost 70gigs worth.

place 6000sf office 4bays 1bay 37 x 30 just purchased in dec 30th plenty room.

been in sign biz 6.5 years