• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking At Buying A 2 New Printers The Age Old Question Latex Vs Eco-sol

Molenbeek

I would look at getting one of each as well, i agree best of both worlds. We carry both the HP Latex and the Epson SureColor nationwide. The latex is great for everything that needs to be laminated such as wraps and all. The Epson SureColor S80600 is a 10 color printer with option of either white or metallic. it has the largest color gamut out there.

FatCat

I personally have found that it has been a good idea to have 2 of the same printers in our business. Both printers (Mutoh 1624s) run the same ink, use the same parts and print the same. So, if 1 printer goes down, the other can pick up where it left off and colors and resolution looks the same - or when doing a large job the job can be split between both printers and achieve the same results with greater speed. As far as parts and ink goes - it really can't be more efficient, same dampers, same wipers, same ink, same heads, etc. We stock 1 of everything, and no matter which printer would need it its here and then we order a replacement as soon as that part is used up.

The only reason it would make sense in our business would be if 1 printer could produce something that the other couldn't - like maybe having a flatbed or UV printer, etc.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Roland makes great machines. I've had one for 8 years...only had to change 1 print head. The heads are all twice their life expectancy.
That being said, I just bought a L-560 (only difference is L-570 is $5k more for bulk ink system).
I don't know of a single Sign shop (though they may exist) that is going from new model Latex back to eco-solvent printers.
I do know very many are going to Latex.
That should speak volumes more than any advertisement either brand will put out.
Nothing bad to say about Roland.
But the fast, scratch resistant, prints from the Latex, that don't leave VOC odors in the office is hands down a better technology.
Print quality to the naked eye on vehicle wraps is non-existent. Having the adhesive not altered at all due to solvent inks is great.
If Roland ever develops a latex printer, I'll be their first customer. (hypothetically speaking)

AKwrapguy

Just want to say 'thanks' for everyone's help and info when looking at printers.

Did a lot of research, looked at the numbers, talking to people who switched, taking into account our current clientele, as well as the ability to expand into new markets, it looks like the best decision is two HP 570's.