• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Looking at buying a vs640...

Red-Eye

So I had a BN20, and sold it because I wanted a bigger printer for banners. At a min I wanted a vs300...i thought the 540 would be great if i could... But I came across a vs640 plus a Cold Laminator for a great deal that i can't pass up on.

So my question is....since my plan was for decals and banners on the smaller machine... what does the 64" printer open me up to be able to do?

What is the best Tshirt material to use?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Wraps, Bigger Banners, Signs, anything any of those printers will allow you to do. You will find thought that 54" Media is mroe common than 60+" and it fits better in to most workflows and panel sizes.

Red-Eye

We are an apparel company. Mostly sports, but trying to expand out of 95% of our business being team sports. Won't be doing Wraps...but def can add coroplast signs to our offerings.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well coroplast wouldn't be direct printed but you can print and mount them.

As for heat transfer we have been fans of Chemica and Siser for years, but mainly because they have supported latex long before anyone else we are currently a latex only company but will be expanding to UV shortly.

graphix45

I have a VS640 and use 54" vinyl because of it being the most common size. The 64 will allow you to do up to 5' banners where as something like a vs300 would limit you to about a 28".

Joe House

If you're wanting to do banners, skip the 300. Go for a 540 minimum. If the 640 is a good deal, snatch it up. Whether you use the full 64" or not, it will serve you well.