• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at Latex as a new addition to our machine lineup, so I came here w/ questions

So the 360 prints under a minute per foot In 600dpi 10 pass BiDi?

The spec sheet says 151 sq ft/hr which is 50% faster then the L26500 @ 98 sq ft/hr

Pass counts are different on the 300 series than the 200 series. This is due to the addition of the Optimizer into the new inkset, which allows for reduced pass counts. On the Latex 360, 8 pass is the equivalent of 10-12 pass on the 260. Print speed is rated at 183 sfph at 8 pass on the Latex 360, which is not quite double the speed of the 260. Carriage speed has been increased by 50% on the Latex 360 which also helps with throughput increases versus the previous models.

At 6-pass mode the throughput increases to 248 sfph, and banner medias generally work well at that pass count. I even have some users running outdoor banners at 4 pass (at a blistering 334 sfph) on the Latex 360, though inks must be aggressively restricted to make this speed work well.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Pass counts are different on the 300 series than the 200 series. This is due to the addition of the Optimizer into the new inkset, which allows for reduced pass counts. On the Latex 360, 8 pass is the equivalent of 10-12 pass on the 260. Print speed is rated at 183 sfph at 8 pass on the Latex 360, which is not quite double the speed of the 260. Carriage speed has been increased by 50% on the Latex 360 which also helps with throughput increases versus the previous models.

At 6-pass mode the throughput increases to 248 sfph, and banner medias generally work well at that pass count. I even have some users running outdoor banners at 4 pass (at a blistering 334 sfph) on the Latex 360, though inks must be aggressively restricted to make this speed work well.

I've done some tests at one of my suppliers and the I don't fully believe the 8 pass on the 360 is equivilant to 10 on the L26500. It was not as vibrant as my 10 pass print much like 8 v 10 on my machine. It may be the profile loaded on the 360 but it wasn't comparable till switched to 10 pass.

I'd love to see a well profiled 6 or 8 pass from the 360, it would be even more of a sell for me if I could print that fast.

HulkSmash

I'd like to put a bump in this thread.
I'm sure there are plenty of other searches on here so I'l revive this one.

So, contrary to the above I have actually heard that there were plenty of small issues with the printer, just being fickle and testy with the printing but
once it got moving it worked very well. I'm curious if the 300 series is really ahead of the curve.

My issue specifically isn't if this printer is any good in general but if it's a good fit for my business.
We are a medium sized wrap shop doing about 5-6 wraps per week. We are constantly playing catch up
with our production and always moving fast. I'd say we're not the MOST organized in the world or we're just constantly
slammed and trying to put out a ton of work.

We currently have a JV33 and we work that thing to death. We put a new print head in a few years ago but it's not gonna last much
longer. I know it will be good to keep around for banners and whatnot.

My issue is....being as though we are so fast paced is a latex machine right for me? Should I upgrade to a seiko? Buy 2 latex machines?
Thanks for your help!!

Like you we're doing 5-10 wraps a week. We have 3 latex machines, and a flatbed. we are currently going to upgrade to the newest model of the latex once we move into our new shop next month.
Though the Latex has its problems here and there, i would never go back to a solvent machine. We literally print, instantly lam, then install. I don't have time to wait until the next day, we can't afford to bottle neck production.

player

Yes what is the price on these various models?

How much is ink? Cleaning supplies, heads etc?

How long and comprehensive are the warranties?

Richard G

with the heat needed for this machine what materials are an issue on the latex.... can you run polystyrene?

Ziggee Malone

HP 3rd Gen Latex

First Post Brand new on here

Looking to purchase one of the HP 3 series latex printers. I've never owned a large format printer. I'm not in the sign business as of yet, but looking into doing it. I have made some signs and lettered some cars and so forth.

I currently do mostly CNC work. I also have a Graphtec flat bed cutter and Graphtec plotter I use for vinyl.

I'm wanting to get into car wrapping so that's the reason I'm looking into the printer.

Player had ask these questions about the expenses associated with the printer.
I would also like to know the time frame and learning curve it would take to get the printer up and going. Ease of use.

My salesman at Advantage Sign says the new 3 series are not as hot as the previous models. Can anyone chime in on the new one vs. the old model. The RIP software that comes with the 310 and also the Onyx version you have to buy with the 360.

Thanks and sorry for all the newbie questions