• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at the DC4

tintgirl2000

Who's got the best deal going for the new Summa DC4?
Seriously looking at it...anyone know why I shouldn't buy this one?
I do mainly vehicle graphics, lettering, sports decals, up to 4x8 signs, mostly outside everything. I have owned a D-60 forever and have loved it. I also have a gerber edge and love the capability to print and go with it. So the DC4 looks good to me because I can print larger, output quicker since no need to laminate, and not have to register for cutting contours. Am I on the right track? Now I just need to find the best deal.
Thanks all
Becky

signage

The only down side to the Summa thermal printers are that Summa is the only supplier for ribbons! Also they have less spot color selection than the Gerber! I have been looking at them also but waiting to see if Zero-nine or Duracoat comes out with foils.

bjones

What other manufacturers besides summa have a greater availability in the way of films and can print 30 inch or wider material in summas price range??