Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at the DC4

Discussion in 'Summa' started by tintgirl2000, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tintgirl2000

tintgirl2000 Member

Jul 24, 2007
    horn lake ms
    Who's got the best deal going for the new Summa DC4?
    Seriously looking at it...anyone know why I shouldn't buy this one?
    I do mainly vehicle graphics, lettering, sports decals, up to 4x8 signs, mostly outside everything. I have owned a D-60 forever and have loved it. I also have a gerber edge and love the capability to print and go with it. So the DC4 looks good to me because I can print larger, output quicker since no need to laminate, and not have to register for cutting contours. Am I on the right track? Now I just need to find the best deal.
    Thanks all
    Becky

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    The only down side to the Summa thermal printers are that Summa is the only supplier for ribbons! Also they have less spot color selection than the Gerber! I have been looking at them also but waiting to see if Zero-nine or Duracoat comes out with foils.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Sounds like a plan......... :thumb:

4. bjones

bjones Member

Nov 1, 2007
    What other manufacturers besides summa have a greater availability in the way of films and can print 30 inch or wider material in summas price range??

5. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf

never gonna happen...

DG