• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking far a work-around for 1/2" UltraBoard

Andy D

I quoted a job using 1/2 " Brushed Gold Aluminum Ultra-board
without knowing no one keeps it in stock, so that I can buy just one sheet,
I have to buy a case of six :(
I'm thinking of bonding a sheet of brushed gold 3mm max-metal to black gator board and then routing, as a work-around.

I can't be the 1st that has run into this, anyone do this or have any other suggestions?

BrushedGold.jpg

Andy D

R-tape (FDC) VinylEfx makes a 48in roll of brushed gold.
Thanks bannertime.
That's a polymer brushed gold vinyl, right? If so, I thought about that, but I didn't think it would be thick enough to look the same.
Have you done that?

bannertime

Thanks bannertime.
That's a polymer brushed gold vinyl, right? If so, I thought about that, but I didn't think it would be thick enough to look the same.
Have you done that?

I have not, I've just been looking at the VinylEfx book all day. lol

TSC1985

Try Gemini with their GemLeaf. Howmac has their Metal/Gator combo that is exact replica of what you are looking for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We laminate 3mm substrate to 3/4" black gator quite often. Not too much brushed gold, though. Why not bond .040 brushed aluminum to 1/2' gator ?? As long as it's interior.

Andy D

We laminate 3mm substrate to 3/4" black gator quite often. Not too much brushed gold, though. Why not bond .040 brushed aluminum to 1/2' gator ?? As long as it's interior.
What do you use to mount them Gino?