• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for 25-30" Laminator

SlamMan

I'm in the market for a small laminator, probably heat assist. It would be exclusively for an ongoing project. I'm hoping to get some direction on any models, brands or vendors to look at.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TomK

I'm in the market for a small laminator, probably heat assist. It would be exclusively for an ongoing project. I'm hoping to get some direction on any models, brands or vendors to look at.

GFP 355TH, but it is 55".

I haven't seen anything with heat assist in 30". Doesn't mean they don't exist, just means I haven't found em!

SlamMan

Maybe I should be asking for input on whether I need heat too. We'll be laminating inkjet wrapping vinyl and colored wrapping vinyl like 3M 1080. I figured the heat would cut down or eliminate any silvering.

Drip Dry

I have the GFP laminator for 5 years and it is great. I have the heat option and used it once when I first got it. It's not necessary

brycesteiner

We got a five foot laminator from Signstech and it's worked great. It has heat assist on it and we've used it like once or twice. It ended up we did a better job without because the laminate would tend to stretch much more under the heat and tension. I'm sure it's great if you are good with it, but we just found it worked better without it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Not sure why you would laminate vinyl that is already laminated like the 3M 1080 or what you are going to wrap with 25 to 30 inch material. Aside from that GBC does also make some smaller laminators - we have a GBC Catena we use for smaller stuff. Pretty much just like their much larger Arctic Titan 165 (we also have one of those) but the Catena is also a hot laminator (can use it cold too) and can run true hot melt encapsulating laminates with it.

TomK

Would something like this work? 40", heated, says it takes a 3" core. Seems low cost for what it does.

Robert Gruner

I can't imagine you would need heat assist for laminating 3M clear cast adhesive backed vinyl to their printed or colored cast adhesive backed vinyl.

Check out Royal Sovereign. I believe they make both a 32" and 41" wide cold mount laminator.

Bob

I have one of the small US cutter laminators that I use to laminate my Edge prints. I think it's called the little Lightning Lam? It's a 25" model and works excellent for smaller stuff.