• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for 4" Illuminated Letters for Outdoor Use - Any Suggestions?

AceSignsOnline

I've looked at the epoxy resin LED letters, and that seems like a great option, but I thought I would seek the wisdom of the members at Signs101 before going any further down the epoxy route.

With that in mind, does anyone know of a US-based company that specializes in epoxy letters?

AceSignsOnline

You have me interested. What is an epoxy resin LED letter and where can I see one?

I think the epoxy resin letters are a great idea. I'm just not sure about the longevity of the product. The sample that I have doesn't appear that it is able to deconstruct if service is needed in the future. Then again, I'm looking for an illuminated solution for 4" letters, and I know that these things don't cost all that much. I really like the idea, but I don't think that it has caught on quite yet here in the US. The manufacturing seems to be dominated by Korea and China.

Now, I'm not above dealing with mfgs across the ocean, but I would prefer to at least deal with a distributor here in the US so that I can conduct business and correspond with someone that works the same hours that I do. As far as US distributors are concerned, I've found one guy out of California, but he has yet to give me any sort of response at all. I also tried emailing a company directly out of Korea, but I have yet to receive a response from them either.

This seems to be the only solution to my problem. I could do push-thru acrylic, but the panel that the letters are going on consist of corten steel with a pretty stout radius. I can't route the Corten and I don't have CNC plasma equipment. Even if I did, I think that the radius is too tight for any successful attempts at push-thru acrylic.

Obviously, "normal" channel letters are out of the question because of the small size that I need (4").

So yeah... Epoxy resin letters seem to be my solution, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get anyone on the phone or through email! HALP!!