Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Looking for 54" Printer and some training and tips

Discussion in 'Member to Member Classifieds • Wanted To Buy' started by Saam, Nov 15, 2018.

First Printer ?

1. Mimaki CJV300 ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Roland Truevis ?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    Hey Everyone

I am looking to buy my very first printer . I prefer mimaki CJV300-130 in CA .
    Also looking to get some online training and tips on set up , maintain and RIP

Thanks

2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

what do you plan to produce with this machine, how much volume?

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    All Mimaki dealers are required to train the end user on how to use the printer and how to maintain it. They will get you to the point of being able to print and cut but you will have to figure out the rest.

4. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    Custom signs. Mostly on Aluminum and acrylic, also decals. But nothing mass production.

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  5. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    Well Im looking to buy used. I don’t think they train me if I dont buy from them.

6. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    I have been using Corel draw with my epilog laser for about two years now. I dont know if that helps me learn printing faster.

7. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Ah ok. You Tube will have a bunch of videos for you and you can also hire a local dealer to train you.

8. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I'd recommend contacting a local Mimaki dealer and striking up a relationship with them. Pay them for the basic training - they should be able to do it for a price. Explaing that you'll be growing and need supplies, media, etc. Be proactive on creating a partnership. If you wait till you have problems to start the relationship, you'll likely find that they're too busy to help at that point.

Youtube University is great for learning things. I've learned a lot there myself, but it doesn't compare to having the immediate feedback from someone onsite that can see what you're doing and make corrections. I think it will be money well spent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zach Starr

Zach Starr Head of Printing Operations

Nov 9, 2018
    Santa Ana, CA
    If you are still looking to get an equipment, check out the Stratojet UV roll to roll 6ft printer. I am not sure about the model but, its faster than the Mimaki UV printer at a better price, and does a greatjob for Decals, and clear substrates

10. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Got a used 64" Epson for sale.

11. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I offer on-site installation and training for new and used printers

• Like Like x 1
  12. Saam

Saam Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Anaheim
    After my research, reviews and videos, Mimaki CJV150-75 is what Im looking for.

Brans new is $14000
    Demo $10000
    Uaed(3-5 years old) $5500-$7500
    Hope to find a clean used or a demo

13. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    We have some specials going on right now that will bring the price of a new one down to about $11,000 + ship. I also have a demo machine for about $9,000 + ship. Unfortunately I would have to charge extra for install since we are out of state but could assist you over the phone. If it's something you are interested in feel free to give us a call for a quote. 303-733-6671

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have a Mimaki JC3-160S that hasn't run in three years. Low hours and well-maintained over the years. Come and get it!

Ken M. Klein
    909 West Liberty Drive
    Wheaton, IL 60187

kenmklein@att.net