Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 6" X 36" Rider Blanks

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by TheSnowman, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Can anyone point me towards these? I thought Bull Steel had them, now their website shows no blanks, and when you call you get some random guys voicemail, checked Grimco, and couldn't find it there either. Those are the only two places I've ordered my blanks from in the past.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Can you have a local vendor cut them down for you ??

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Find your local stock car or enclosed trailer builder. They should have all kinds of drops.

4. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    What would they cut down? All I have now are 6" X 24" riders. I can cut my sheets of ACP Lite down, but I think they're too thick to get in the frames. They're 1/8" thick, and I don't have the frames I sold the guy to test it, because they were a special order that I don't stock.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    cut down .060 alum?

6. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I can cut down what you need.

7. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I have connections to cut my aluminum down, but I don't have anything big enough here now, and if I just cut something I have around like alumalite, it's going to be too thick, so just wanted to order something. I'll do what RJ said and call the trailer guys tomorrow I suppose if I can't come up with something.

8. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    How many do you need I can ship out .032 6x36 riders

9. TheSnowman

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I just need two is the killer. I suppose I might as well order 4 cause I'll have more in shipping than in the materials. I'll see what I can come up with here because if I can't have it in my hands by Friday, it's too late anyway.