• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a 60 inch vinyl printer

Rotorocious

I've tried searching around but could not find what I was looking for.
Just wondering what you guys would recommend.

:thankyou:

Rotorocious

Just curious - do you have a job that needs a 60"? They aren't all that common - 54" is much more common.
Not sure what type of job we will be doing. But I'm going to say its probably going to be used on the race trailer to wrap it. Our plotter is 64, I think he (boss) just wants them to be similar in size.

You guys are crazy fast, thanks again, keep em coming.

vinyl destination

54" might be you're better bet - even though it's smaller - there are a ton more of them in the market - and they're usually priced better.

Matt Cuellar

Depending on your turnaround time on when you'd like to purchase, I'd recommend the new 54 Mutoh ValueJet that's coming out at the beginning of next year. If you need something much sooner, our customers have had lots of success with the 64" Mutoh ValueJet. Good luck!

h82loose

I second Matts thoughts. I have sold many valuejets to new digital customers in Florida. The wave technology help first timers greatly improve print quality. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

iSign

Mimaki has enjoyed a superior reputation by many. Personally, I think all the printers will do a decent job, so I'd suggest considering the level of support after the sale to be a huge determining factor in your decision.

I'm completely satisfied with my Mimaki, but even more satisfied with the support I have received from Advantage Sign Supply.

Matt Cuellar

I agree with iSign. If you have good technical and color management support from your dealer, it's amazing what the technology can do. I personally like Mutoh because of the i2 technology that really does eliminate visible banding, however, you'll be much happier if you buy a product that's well supported from your dealer. Ask for references if possible and let other business owners tell you about their experience with a particular distributor. Obviously this is a good reference board too!

Rotorocious

Depending on your turnaround time on when you'd like to purchase, I'd recommend the new 54 Mutoh ValueJet that's coming out at the beginning of next year. If you need something much sooner, our customers have had lots of success with the 64" Mutoh ValueJet. Good luck!
That seems to be a good product, signware house where we usually get our vinyl supplies from carries them.
Whats special about the 54 mutoh thats worth waiting for?

Matt Cuellar

Right now it only comes in a 48" or 64" model. The 48" model has been discontinued and the 54" has been introduced. Exact same technology, just a more ideal size for an entry-level solvent printer, especially if you want to tackle vehicles.