Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Looking for a certain vector

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by crny1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    Has anyone ever came across a vector of credit cards flying around? Not straight either. Curved and such. I have attached a picture of money (bills) doing what I am looking for in Credit cards. They will have to be specific faces on the CC but if I had a file to work with I think I could change the faces of them to work. Attached is what I am looking for. Thanks flying money.png

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I doubt you would find any files like this in vector format. If you want vector shapes, why not just create them?

3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I think it would be easier to find playing (poker) cards and put the CC faces on those.

4. Bubba06

Bubba06 Just Somebody

Feb 13, 2005
    Manning SC
    Send me pictures of the fronts, and backs of all your credit cards, and I'll draw it up for you.:D

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Greg Kelm

Greg Kelm Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Why would you want curved credit cards?

6. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    If you have Illustrator you should be able to create your card shape. Then, use the extrude / bevel or rotate options to get the position you want. Then map your art to to said shape. Take a look here for more details: Map artwork to a 3D object

I think Corel may have a similar function too.

7. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    To Answer a couple questions......
    I may just take you up on it. Waiting for the client to get me the images of the cards they use.

I do not want anything......the client wants them like that. Who am I to argue with the customer! lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Coreldraw. Must be all vector. Envelope Tool. Bend and shape nodes as desired. Complete twist doesn't look so good though
    upload_2020-3-4_8-27-56.png

9. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Not trying to nit pick, but it looks like those dollar images are pixel-based textures mapped onto curled objects modeled in 3D space in a 3D modeling program. Options to curl graphics like that in CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator are pretty limited. It's more do-able in applications like Blender.

Additionally some of the warping effects in 2D vector drawing programs may fall apart with complex, multi-colored objects -the distortion may not stay consistent with all objects in the group, such as what you would have in a credit card logo. Just look at the strange inconsistencies with myront's Visa card examples above.

I was wondering the same thing. Curved credit cards don't make a lick of visual sense at all. They're flat and not even very flexible. They don't fall through the air in the same manner as dollar bills either. Unfortunately some customers are really really stupid with their requests. Even more anger inducing: once you go to all the trouble producing the thing they want to see they finally realize just how stupid their idea was and then want a different request. That's why the design fee meter has to be running on B.S. like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    Oh the design meter is running but I think I have convinced them to just go with flat design instead of the warped and curved style.

11. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Disaster averted then.:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Val47

Val47 Boudica@Nite

Mar 2, 2020
    Spokane, WA
    Received artwork from design agencies using this - or something very similar. I would suggest a stock image repository like Istock or shutter or... but I assume you tried that? If you have, and you can't find a vector version... there are some amazing rastor-to-vector artists out there. I could recommend someone we have worked with. but there is someone on this forum who might be game to help... thevectordoctor ? Customize a straight up version, and you can warp it in illustrator after you have customized it.

13. crny1

crny1 Member

Mar 22, 2015
    IL
    Just to update everyone that replied I was able to talk the client into not using curved cards. We ended up doing flat 2d cards and it turned out fine and they were happy!

• Informative Informative x 1