• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking for a certain vector

crny1

Has anyone ever came across a vector of credit cards flying around? Not straight either. Curved and such. I have attached a picture of money (bills) doing what I am looking for in Credit cards. They will have to be specific faces on the CC but if I had a file to work with I think I could change the faces of them to work. Attached is what I am looking for. Thanks
flying money.png

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I doubt you would find any files like this in vector format. If you want vector shapes, why not just create them?

OADesign

Has anyone ever came across a vector of credit cards flying around? Not straight either. Curved and such. I have attached a picture of money (bills) doing what I am looking for in Credit cards. They will have to be specific faces on the CC but if I had a file to work with I think I could change the faces of them to work.

If you have Illustrator you should be able to create your card shape. Then, use the extrude / bevel or rotate options to get the position you want. Then map your art to to said shape. Take a look here for more details: Map artwork to a 3D object

I think Corel may have a similar function too.

crny1

To Answer a couple questions......
Send me pictures of the fronts, and backs of all your credit cards, and I'll draw it up for you.:D

I may just take you up on it. Waiting for the client to get me the images of the cards they use.

Why would you want curved credit cards?

I do not want anything......the client wants them like that. Who am I to argue with the customer! lol

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Coreldraw. Must be all vector. Envelope Tool. Bend and shape nodes as desired. Complete twist doesn't look so good though
upload_2020-3-4_8-27-56.png

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Not trying to nit pick, but it looks like those dollar images are pixel-based textures mapped onto curled objects modeled in 3D space in a 3D modeling program. Options to curl graphics like that in CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator are pretty limited. It's more do-able in applications like Blender.

Additionally some of the warping effects in 2D vector drawing programs may fall apart with complex, multi-colored objects -the distortion may not stay consistent with all objects in the group, such as what you would have in a credit card logo. Just look at the strange inconsistencies with myront's Visa card examples above.

Greg Kelm said:
Why would you want curved credit cards?

I was wondering the same thing. Curved credit cards don't make a lick of visual sense at all. They're flat and not even very flexible. They don't fall through the air in the same manner as dollar bills either. Unfortunately some customers are really really stupid with their requests. Even more anger inducing: once you go to all the trouble producing the thing they want to see they finally realize just how stupid their idea was and then want a different request. That's why the design fee meter has to be running on B.S. like that.

crny1

Not trying to nit pick, but it looks like those dollar images are pixel-based textures mapped onto curled objects modeled in 3D space in a 3D modeling program. Options to curl graphics like that in CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator are pretty limited. It's more do-able in applications like Blender.

Additionally some of the warping effects in 2D vector drawing programs may fall apart with complex, multi-colored objects -the distortion may not stay consistent with all objects in the group, such as what you would have in a credit card logo. Just look at the strange inconsistencies with myront's Visa card examples above.

I was wondering the same thing. Curved credit cards don't make a lick of visual sense at all. They're flat and not even very flexible. They don't fall through the air in the same manner as dollar bills either. Unfortunately some customers are really really stupid with their requests. Even more anger inducing: once you go to all the trouble producing the thing they want to see they finally realize just how stupid their idea was and then want a different request. That's why the design fee meter has to be running on B.S. like that.

Oh the design meter is running but I think I have convinced them to just go with flat design instead of the warped and curved style.

Val47

Has anyone ever came across a vector of credit cards flying around? Not straight either. Curved and such. I have attached a picture of money (bills) doing what I am looking for in Credit cards. They will have to be specific faces on the CC but if I had a file to work with I think I could change the faces of them to work. Attached is what I am looking for. Thanks View attachment 145856
Received artwork from design agencies using this - or something very similar. I would suggest a stock image repository like Istock or shutter or... but I assume you tried that? If you have, and you can't find a vector version... there are some amazing rastor-to-vector artists out there. I could recommend someone we have worked with. but there is someone on this forum who might be game to help... thevectordoctor ? Customize a straight up version, and you can warp it in illustrator after you have customized it.

crny1

Just to update everyone that replied I was able to talk the client into not using curved cards. We ended up doing flat 2d cards and it turned out fine and they were happy!