Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a converting program

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by FoxtailVinylDesign, Aug 25, 2010.

1. FoxtailVinylDesign

FoxtailVinylDesign New Member

May 10, 2010
    I am looking for a program that converts jpg to eps. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Photoshop
    Ifranview

but it won't make it cuttable vector art...

3. oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper Roper of Goats. Old ones.

Jul 28, 2009
    Alberta
    photoshop --> open JPG save as EPS

coreldraw --> import JPG export as EPS

Many other programs will do similar...

if, as Bigdawg mentioned, you really want vector artwork, then CorelTrace or Adobe Streamline (if you can find a copy)

I much prefer Streamline -- I still use version 4.0 and in my opinion it is still better than any version of CorelTrace ever.

4. FoxtailVinylDesign

FoxtailVinylDesign New Member

May 10, 2010
    I am new to this and feel very dumb. What I need is to be able to change the file once I get it into Corel Draw. I have the "trace bitmap" option but it comes out distorted. I have used Vector Magic site and that seems to work, but I was hoping to get advise if there are better programs.

5. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    nothing, that i know of anyway, will work as well as doing it manually. and the best at manually (and quickly) is The Vector Doctor.

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Better than Vector Magic?

Vector Doctor...

No program is going to do more than trace it for you if you aren't able to recreate it.

7. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    inkscape has a decent trace function and is much better than corel trace and vector magic...but nothing beats the vector doctor