• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Flatbed or Hybrid UV - Quality over Speed

artbot

hell, i'd take a $10k shopbot (you can get some loaded used ones on the shopbot forum).

but his piece was done with my jv3 running proprietary clear varnish to resist acid. 30 gallons of acid, 5 gallons of sodium hydroxide, 8 gallons of hydrogen peroxide, and about 3 gallons of MEK. ...i'm getting out of the etched metal bus' as soon as i can. but for now the orders are good cash flow.

particleman

The FB will print really nice if you don't mind waiting, it has some really high quality print modes that can do fine text.

lonerayven

Any interest in a Zund 215? I'm releasing it from my business just now as we are going a different direction. Needs work as it hasn't been running lately, or modification if that's your sort of thing. Has been stored carefully.

ForgeInc

The FB will print really nice if you don't mind waiting, it has some really high quality print modes that can do fine text.

Agree to this statement. We just ordered another fb700, and while there are things I dislike about the printers, the quality of the prints at slower speeds is definitely not one of them....our main complaint is they are slow and we have found reliability a bit suspect, but we run ours 16+ hours a day. Our new one should be installed tomorrow!

Freese

IF I was to buy a flatbed, it would absolutely be the FB500 or 700 if production could handle it.

I've done a decent amount of research, and it's amazing how easy the FB workflow is.

Brentacula

Agree to this statement. We just ordered another fb700, and while there are things I dislike about the printers, the quality of the prints at slower speeds is definitely not one of them....our main complaint is they are slow and we have found reliability a bit suspect, but we run ours 16+ hours a day. Our new one should be installed tomorrow!

Congrats on your 2nd printer! I was actually following your post.

I've heard that HP support isn't super reliable. I'm still looking into it and i've seen that the pricing is pretty nice for the FB500. I'm looking into the FB700 as it's around the same price range as the T1000.

I was wondering - what is/are the drop size(s) on the FB700? The everywhere I look, it says, "variable drop size". I'm assuming that means greyscale...

Fudley

Fuji or OCE

Don't forget to look at OCE or Fuji Acuity. Both Flatbeds (not hybrid) so doing two sided is easier. These have variable pitch heads. I have OCE 550 (same as Fuji Acuity Advance) and we get very readable 5 point reverse text.

Used to have Vutek QS3200s and Vutek lays down a major amount of ink, sticks to anything. I do miss that. These OCE/Fuji machines use lighter ink coverage but I like the print quality over vutek's heavy ink lay down.

There is a reason lots of acuity and oce machines are sold. They're good machines.

Hzone15

The HP drops either a 15 pl drop or a 30 pl drop depending on print mode.

grayscale heads like the Rastek drops from 6 to 42 pl saving $$ on ink and achieving top quality.

tbaker

If you already have a QS, why not look into the GS3200, I'm almost positive it does 4pt txt, but if not 4 then 6, and does it well, has white ink, you know the materials that it sticks to, fiery, and all the associated things, so there's not going to be a learning curve for anything else, print quality is significantly better on the GS, and print speeds are better.

As for the Rastek line, the h650/652 are both great machines, not the fastest but sturdy steady machines, the t1000 the print quality off of them is outstanding. but again, it's not the fastest.