Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a font with these #'s in this style

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by WVB, Jun 5, 2005.

1. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Hi all, I am looking for names of both free and if I have to buy purchase fonts for these #'s. Its easy to look for letters, but when looking for #'s no one has #'s listed only letters. it looks like a Seagrams 7 font style - Any and all help appreciated Thank you in adavance

Attached Files:

• 74.gif
      74.gif
      File size:
      6.5 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. trauts

trauts Member

Apr 21, 2005
    i got that font at the office i try and send it in the am monday

3. TC49010

TC49010 Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    aspen plain looks pretty close..not 100% for sure..still looking!!

Trixie

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It comes from one of the many versions out there of the Bodoni family of fonts. It has definitely been stepped on (modified). The attachment is not the font but it shows the similarity. It is Bodoni Old Face Bold Italic.

Every major foundry has at least one Bodoni family. Some have several. Without an unmodified sample, I can't narrow it down anymore than this.

Attached Files:

• 75.jpg
      75.jpg
      File size:
      22.8 KB
      Views:
  5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

doing race cars...for years...and doin them in paint...you run across this alot what fred calls "steping on it". every painter had a certain style and he would modify it from time to time just for the fun of it. most of your old logotypes SEGRAM 7 for instance was designed long before computer and was done by hand drawing to begin with. iam with fred also here BODINI was its begining..and "steped on" by some talented artist for major effect. i still do this with race car numbers...NOBODY CAN redo my numbers...i take a font print it and then with tracing paper i play with it till i get what i think is a individual number....NO ONE ELSE WILL HAVE IT... ...

6. simplesignman

simplesignman Verboten

Jun 13, 2005
    If it were a typeface it would be Raphael. That's what it's called in our collection. Skewed a few degrees horizontally.

It may be handcrafted and therefore be no typeface at all, just some signwriter's hand.

Note the proper term is typeface, not font. A font is a specific iteration of a typeface of designated height, width, weight, and slant. A typeface is a specific complelely defined style, not a particulal incarnation of that style.

Knowing the nomenclature is half of all wisdom.

Thus endeth the lesson.