• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking for a font

Tim Miller

We are trying to find this font to recreate a nameplate. Any ideas?
Thanks!
font.jpg

tulsagraphics

Not sure about the font, but I'm thinking it was done with a rotary engraver (mostly due to the rounded ends). Rotary engravers often use single line (or extremely thin) fonts on small text, so the weight of the finished text might not actually exist in an "off the shelf" font. The weight is determined by the bit size and depth of cut. Either way, I'd recommend doing a search for single line sans serif engraving fonts and go from there. Remember you're looking for shape only during your font search, and you'd need to increase the stroke size / stroke "end type" to match your existing nameplate before (presumably) running it through your laser. I'm not an expert in this area, but I hope that helps!

tulsagraphics

Not sure about the font, but I'm thinking it was done with a rotary engraver (mostly due to the rounded ends). Rotary engravers often use single line (or extremely thin) fonts on small text, so the weight of the finished text might not actually exist in an "off the shelf" font. The weight is determined by the bit size and depth of cut. Either way, I'd recommend doing a search for single line sans serif engraving fonts and go from there. Remember you're looking for shape only during your font search, and you'd need to increase the stroke size / stroke "end type" to match your existing nameplate before (presumably) running it through your laser. I'm not an expert in this area, but I hope that helps!
This one looks pretty good though: search for "Gotham Rounded Book – [Hero font]" on this page https://www.dafontfree.io/gotham-rounded-font-free/