Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For A Good Deal On A Pair Of New Monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Border, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    My current monitors suffered a power spike, I believe. I lost some other hardware at the same time but these have steadily gotten worse as time passes since that spike. Takes several tries to get them to start each time they turn off and they make a buzzing sound when they try to start up until they finally go. Getting worse and worse so it's time to get some new ones.

Anybody know of a current good deal on a matching pair of new monitors?
    Would like to get a couple of 23 inch monitors, maybe slightly smaller if the deal is right. Not looking for top of the line, necessarily.

I now have all my gear on battery backups/surge protectors.
    :doh:

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Check Dell's refurbished selection, I've always found killer deals on there. A few months ago I picked up a pair of 24" Ultrasharp displays for about $350 for the pair, they were last year's model but are really nice. I've always liked Dell's Ultrasharp displays, we have a lot of them in our office and have never had any issues.

3. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Looks like I am heading to Best Buy to pick up a couple of 23" Dell monitors at $149.00 each. Model S2330MX. Micro Center has them for $139.00 but Best Buy is very close to me so screw it.
    They seem to have great reviews. I also did some research on my current monitors' problem and it looks like the power supply capacitors are going bad. Order 2 repair kits for $12.95 each and will try my luck in hopes for using them on another computer if all goes well with the repair.
    Should be a nice step up from my current dual 20 inch setup, as long as the colors are still good.

4. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Member

May 13, 2012
    I just purchased a 42" LED TV.

It is an Awesome monitor!!

Just make sure it has a VGA connector on the back of the tv.

5. choucove

choucove Active Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I really like the Dell UltraSharp and the Dell Professional line of monitors, but I really don't use their other series, I don't think that they have the lifespan, quality, or color precision that the UltraSharp and Professional series has for design work. If you're just needing some standard every-day monitors they should be fine though.

I've also been using more and more of the HP LA2206x series monitors, I have had several ordered for a few customers and they love them. You can also get this monitor in a touchscreen version as well as several different sizes. They are great value monitors, cheaper than the similar Dells but just as good or better in quality I think.

6. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
  7. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
  8. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    costco. i got 4 samsung 27" which are beautiful. i think they were only like $250 each.

9. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Viewsonic brings back memories- at one time I had three 21" monitors- $1000
    each. Makes me feel older.....(((((((((((((((

10. ThinkRight

ThinkRight Active Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Atlanta Ga
    Too late..
    I found the perfect monitor !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-TV-coming-U-S-25-000--15-614-price-tag.html