• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking For A Good Laminate For Big Squeegee

Sven

We're using Oracal 210. The thin backer makes it hard to apply. I've watched the videos, but I get a lot of silvering past where the paper sticks to the laminate.
Thanks

TheSnowman

Arlon all day long. You'll love it. The Oracal laminates are nice, but not for the Big Squeegee. Arlon has way thicker backings that make things way easier.

graphicwarning

I used to have a ton of problems with Oracal 210 and using the big squeegee, until I switched to Matte vinyls. One day I decided on the next roll of 3651 I ordered, I'd try the Matte version... completely night and day difference with the 210 and the Big Squeegee!

The backing pushes right out in front of the squeegee now, no issues!

SameDay Signs

I use a lot of the 210 laminate and if there short runs just pull the backing and anything longer just have a helper pull it for you. As for the Arlon I may have to give myself a try as well I've heard a lot of good things about using it with the BS. What Arlon laminate do you suggest for the big squeegee?

TheSnowman

Whichever you need. Cast for cast vinyl, calendered for calendered. I've use the matte, gloss, and satin, and they all look nice.