• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Mimaki RIP

80PRINT

Hello!

This is my first post on signs101 since I just got into the business. I have been producing print for the last 4 years but our outsourcing on wide format got so huge I decided to pick up a printer to start doing this ourselves!

So as of a couple days ago, i'm a proud new owner of a Mimaki JV33-160 that I got off an auction for $8000. The machine was only manufactured in 2011 so it's still pretty brand new! Problem is, it didn't come with a RIP.

I called Mimaki to try to get a product key for Rasterlink, but no luck.

I know you guys are the experts, and I have relied heavily on this forum for information on what to get, so please let me know my options!

Where can I get a used RIP for cheap or what else can I do? I just want my machine up and running ASAP. I got orders to fulfill!

Any help would be much appreciated!!

ironchef

Find a used rasterlink older version so its cheap, just make sure its legit, so you can then upgrade to the new rasterlink rip for less money then buying a new rip.

Masseria

i've uploaded rasterlink 5pro sg so you can give it a try (check jv33 bible thread last page/post)... onyx can be found on the web for free...(do it at your own risk).