• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a name

Dave Drane

I have a customer who is starting a website dedicated to putting names on cars, kinda like the "my family" thing except just names. I will be suppling the cut decals for her, but first she needs a catchy name for the business. I came up with AutoGrafix, which is very overused and also Car Monikers?? Can anyone come up with any other catchy names. Thanx in advance

SlightlyChilled

I am not a fan of names where any one can get it and here is why. When I was a small boy my mom was buying something and had her name on her wallet some creepy guy was all up on her like he knew her. He was like had Deb whats up how have you been. Now mind you we live in PA this was in Florida. Not to mention the TV show Dexter thas haw the killer got in some kids head. If some D-bag flashes a badge and knows the kids name the kid just might fall for it... Sorry to go on I have two little ones and that stuff is in my head all the time. Seeing that my wife is a small girl and my kids are darn cute.(no joke if I had a dollar for every time I get stopped I would have a sweet new TV) I just think hat someone might take them.

Sorry again just food for thought.

Dave Drane

I am not a fan of names where any one can get it and here is why. When I was a small boy my mom was buying something and had her name on her wallet some creepy guy was all up on her like he knew her. He was like had Deb whats up how have you been. Now mind you we live in PA this was in Florida. Not to mention the TV show Dexter thas haw the killer got in some kids head. If some D-bag flashes a badge and knows the kids name the kid just might fall for it... Sorry to go on I have two little ones and that stuff is in my head all the time. Seeing that my wife is a small girl and my kids are darn cute.(no joke if I had a dollar for every time I get stopped I would have a sweet new TV) I just think hat someone might take them.

I see what you mean but I have done a couple for her already. One was a little dark red Suzuki which had "Ruby Baby" on it and another one was "Cracklin Rosie" and another one was "Lil Pumpkin". They will be names like those. "Mum's Worry" could be one too :ROFLMAO:

chopper

I agree with this unless she is intending on naming the car and not displaying the families names.
//chopper

John L

Moniker Stickers
moNiker Stickerz
MoniCars
CarNicks
AUTOgraphs
Autografs
TrunkTags
SignaTrunk (Signature)
AutoGrams
MotorGrams
LimoLetters
BuggyNicks
LorryLetterz

I also never put my kids names on anything though. Too many wierdos out there.

Edit- Sorry, just saw where you said it's the cars name.

Last edited:

Dave Drane

That is what the intention is, as I have pointed out. I also agree that to put a personal name on a car is stupid. Names like White Lightening etc are what the intent is.

RebeckaR

My dad has "Grampa's Taxi" on the tailgate of his truck. I think it's a cute idea, as long as you're not putting actual family names on there.

Dave Drane

The name I am looking for is the business name for the website selling the "cute" names for peoples cars. John L, you have come up with some very good names for the business. Thank you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have Name Will Travel.

name will travel.jpg