• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a nicely priced printer/cutter

thesignguy1986

Hey guys I am looking to get rid of my Mimaki SP130 II and upgrade it with someting a little faster. I am on a budget of 10k and it is limited which sucks but ow well, so if I can't find anything I guess I will just keep my equipment I now have. I wanted to know what you think of the versacamm all in ones and the soljets? I know they are bother older but yet still a little newer then my machine and the soljet is much faster. We do alot of wholesale banners and stickers and that is why we need more speed. At the same time we currently run seperate cutter and printer setup to help.

I did look at a JV5 and wanted to know what you guys though of it since I could always bundle it with a cutter and have a guy selling one for like $7500. Please any ideas or thoughts let me know and if you have something for sale let me know as well.

Thanks
Scott

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Forget the JV5. Way more machine than you will want to deal with 4 times as much to go wrong and they can be a fiddly nightmare when things do go wrong.

If you want out of the box immediate familiarity find a JV33 - near identical to use as your old JV3 but far improved with far less maintenance and alignment to deal with. The CJV30 is the same but with a built in cutter. Biggest problem with the built in cutters, you cannot print anything else if you need to cut something, still have to take the material totally off the machine to laminate it and then reload it. If you cutter breaks, your printer is also broken and vice versa. I picked up an excellent used JV33-160 and a top of the line Summa S-160T in excellent condition for under your budget.... just have to be patient.

thesignguy1986

Didn't know the JV5 was high in maintenence. I'm not concerned with workload as I currently print 5-6 hours out of the 8 im open so I do stay busy but we have been getting into the stickers more and more so I will def take a look at the JV33.