Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a particular stock vector flag art

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by jfiscus, Aug 9, 2019.

1. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have a customer wanting this same flag for their Jeep wrap. The ones I have just aren't close enough for them. Does anyone know if it is available for purchase anywhere? It looks pretty familiar.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Doesn't it violate the code for proper usage of the flag to use it in any way other than its original intended purpose?

Attached Files:

3. kheebl

kheebl Member

Mar 7, 2014
    MPLS, MN
    Aurora Graphics has some waving american flags

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Looks like some on 123RF...but when you wrap like that it's a little hard to tell whatthey started with.

5. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've searched all these and more, still no luck. :(
    Maybe it was custom drawn, I was hoping it was modified stock art from somewhere.

6. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Looks like a grey area to me. Flying a flag in your yard is allowed and even protected by the flag code, while printing it on drapes or clothing is forbidden and considered disrespectful. Assuming there's no business logos being stuck on top of it and it's for personal use with patriotic intent, is putting it on your Jeep closer to the former or the latter?

7. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Yeah, I don't know the full letter by letter prohibitions verbatim, but I do know that real flags aren't supposed to touch the ground and if soiled are supposed to be destroyed. Mudding up a 4x4 Jeep would at least casually appear to be crossing the line at least symbolically.