• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a program...

Dave Drane

I am looking for help in finding a program that we can use in our office. it just needs to coalate data and keep a stock inventory. We had a program made especially for us in 1985 (in DOS) which cost us an absolute fortune, but last week Liddy's computer (win'98) went to heaven and now XP refuses to accept it. She needs to be able to put codes in which will bring up a customers job card and details of all work and prices previously done.
She also sells art supplies and needs a stock inventory. Does anyone know of such a program or should we try to get someone to set something up in "office XL"
Any help would sure be appreciated. TIA:Coffee:

Dave Drane

Dave do you what theold program was? What is the file extension?
Thanks for the replies folks.
Signage, the name of it is A-rev and it was written especially for us and was designed by us, and we were very angry a couple of years after it was finished to see these blokes at a sign show selling it using the slogan "designed by signwriters - for signwriters".
It is a DOS program and I wouldn't have a clue what the file extension is but I could probably find out. I know she was very happy that it was able to run in MS win'95 but aas a DOS meaning the mouse wasn't required once in, and then it was ghosted into '98, but now XP won't look at it and that is why I specified getting XP and not Vista as I was worried about this happening. She still has the old hard drive with it on it and is almost prepared to get another monitor just to be able to see it so she can MANUALLY copy the data. She is a fast typist but...Ohhhh man what a job, hand copying over 20 years of data!!

signage

IF it is a database you may be able to import into access. That is why I asked about the file extension.