Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Reflective to print on.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kenscott, Mar 21, 2006.

1. kenscott

kenscott New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Hey just got the new versacamm 540 and I am looking for a reflective material that is eco solvent receptive. Does anyone have any suggestions and places where it is available...Thanks a million
    Ken Scott
    kenscott2@alltel.net
    :help:

Tags:
  2. GraphXMagic

GraphXMagic New Member

Mar 3, 2006
    3Ms IJ680 seems to respond pretty well to the versacamm. Any local dealer should be able to get you a small sample to try. Not sure which profile you can use, but 3Ms website has a stack to choose from.... Good Luck

3. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Best suggestion I have for you is forget about the "solvent ready" reflectives.
    Several users on these boards have had good luck with the regular 3M reflective materials. 90% of the time I use 3M 3200 series, I occassionaly pull out the 680 series if its going on a vehicle.

4. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    I use 3M 680 Series with excellent results.

5. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I have printed on a couple of "non-solvent" reflective vinyls with good results. I find it helpful to crank the heat up to 60C.

6. trauts

trauts Member

Apr 21, 2005
    reflective

i've printed on reflectives (white) for a state park, and all was good, it was inexpensive nechsen or oracle reflective not 3m. printed and dye cut... i used a versacamm profile for reflective from the list.

7. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Works great for me too! :cool1: