• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a router

Lareina

Ron's Sign Co Inc
ok, so I have decided on my channel letter bender now I need recommendations on routers. What is everyone using and why did you choose that machine? We are a regional sign shop that is full service. Been here since 1979. Don't want a junk machine that is slow but don't wanna spend 100,000 either. Thanks!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
For basic 2d work, we liked our used Gerber Sabre 408. No optical registration, but the machine was tough and used they are under 15k usually.

jtinker

Owner
You can try those guys at that diy router website where you basically build your own. They give you all the instructions and a parts list. Personally I don't enjoy putting things together but if you do you'll save thousands

ToTo

Professional Support
depends on the substrate you’re going to use. 1000W milling or 300W?
Table size? Textile? Carbon? Plexi? Finish with diamond bit?

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We purchased a used Multicam a couple years ago for around $55 k. Thing is a beast. 11hp spindle, 5' x 10' table. Runs and cuts awesome.

billsines

As a CNC guy myself, I will tell you, there are many, many, many options out there. You must ask yourself what all substrates you want to use it for. Application will determine machine.

EZ-Router is my preference, US made out of Texas. They have great hobby level machines that I can attest will outlast what you think they can do. They have one on Ebay all the time for around $14k.

Don't skimp on the vacuum hold down.

Sandman

If I could have afforded a Multicam I would have bought one. CAMaster is another American made brand I've heard is pretty good as well as Laguna. I went with EZrouter 7 years ago. My 5 x 10 is an all welded steel frame coming in at 1800 lbs. It's sturdy and powerful and a good value if you're looking to stay at the lower end but have a beefy machine. I bought mine with a vacuum hold down and a 5 hp Columbo spindle for around $16,000. For software your best bet for full function would be Artcam or Enroute. Vectric's Aspire is a light version of Artcam. They are several years behind Artcam but always adding features.

czar2178

Not trying to hijack this thread but I am also Looking for a Good CNC machine, I am torn between New or old and also brand. Seems like everyone I talk to direct me to multicamm and they keep telling me that is the only machine that is worth buying, obviously those are just opinions of theirs and I can't shed any light on it as I currently do not have or have ever used a CNC machine before.

My purpose for the machine is mainly for cutting substrates that come off my New Flatbed printer. An optical eye would be needed and i would be working on just about everything from foam cor, coroplast to acrylic and dibon and i am sure i will be expanding to more materials and more 2D work as I am considering expanding to making channel lettering

Sorry maybe I should have started my own thread lol

Lareina

Ron's Sign Co Inc
Not trying to hijack this thread but I am also Looking for a Good CNC machine, I am torn between New or old and also brand. Seems like everyone I talk to direct me to multicamm and they keep telling me that is the only machine that is worth buying, obviously those are just opinions of theirs and I can't shed any light on it as I currently do not have or have ever used a CNC machine before.

My purpose for the machine is mainly for cutting substrates that come off my New Flatbed printer. An optical eye would be needed and i would be working on just about everything from foam cor, coroplast to acrylic and dibon and i am sure i will be expanding to more materials and more 2D work as I am considering expanding to making channel lettering

Sorry maybe I should have started my own thread lol
no need to apologize, I welcome the responses to your question as well

Robert Gruner

Czar2178

It would appear that Lareina needs a CNC Router for his application. You should check out the Summa America F Series Flatbed Cutters for your applications.

Bob Gruner