Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a similar font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by jsmoritz2000, May 31, 2012.

1. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

One of my customers sent me the attached pic of an old truck with hand painted lettering. He has a 1955 pickup truck that he wants me to do vinyl on in a similar fashion. I love the typeface in the image and he's sending me that to go on, so does anyone know of a typeface that would closely replicate the style of lettering in that pic? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. buckssigns

buckssigns Member

Jan 11, 2011
  3. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Putting vinyl on a 1955 truck is like putting a plastic doily on a Stickley table.
    Love....Jill

4. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

Thanks, Buck! Garner is definitely closer than most of the others I found.

Jill, I completely understand regardless of the fact that I have no clue what a Stickley table is. However, the truck is painted bright yellow and done up like a hot rod so I think the vinyl will work regardless of whether it feels vintage or not. And hey, it's not my choice, but the customer's. I'm just doin' what he says. ;)

5. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth

Attached Files:

6. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    While a close, but not exact, match, LHF Stevens Percepta is the best imitation of hand lettering yet discovered. Anywhere.

The minimally imprecise match is more than compensated by the aesthetics of the appearance of hand lettering.