• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a similar font

One of my customers sent me the attached pic of an old truck with hand painted lettering. He has a 1955 pickup truck that he wants me to do vinyl on in a similar fashion. I love the typeface in the image and he's sending me that to go on, so does anyone know of a typeface that would closely replicate the style of lettering in that pic? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• Brown.jpg
    Brown.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 71
Thanks, Buck! Garner is definitely closer than most of the others I found.

Jill, I completely understand regardless of the fact that I have no clue what a Stickley table is. However, the truck is painted bright yellow and done up like a hot rod so I think the vinyl will work regardless of whether it feels vintage or not. And hey, it's not my choice, but the customer's. I'm just doin' what he says. ;)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
While a close, but not exact, match, LHF Stevens Percepta is the best imitation of hand lettering yet discovered. Anywhere.

The minimally imprecise match is more than compensated by the aesthetics of the appearance of hand lettering.