• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a step by step "How to install halo lit letters on stone monument"

Jean Shimp

Looking for best practices on installing reverse lit channel letters onto a stone or masonry monument. Trying to quote installing 15 individual letters, stretching out about 16', on a new block/stone monument. Installing each letter is not the issue as we have installed non illuminated channel letters before. But what do you do with all the LED wires from each letter that exit off the back of the structure? Do you create a "raceway" or box to cover the wires and include the power supply (supplies) inside the box? Does that affect the UL rating? Thanks.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I put j boxes on each conductor coming out and link them with flex. This photo is a parapet wall but just imagine a monument.

Wire.jpg

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Is that usually how it is done? Once that silicone on top of those boxes fails you run the risk of filling the boxes and flex with water from the backside where it penetrates the wall.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ideally, when the next guy opens them up they will be filled with water, layers of bugs, dirt and exposed conductors ... At least that's what I usually encounter.

But yes, that is to code.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Ideally, when the next guy opens them up they will be filled with water, layers of bugs, dirt and exposed conductors ... At least that's what I usually encounter.

But yes, that is to code.
and all of the boxes secured by flat head screws with nylocs on the backside