Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a supplier of crystal clear high gloss application tape.

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by CutGrafix, Dec 7, 2014.

1. CutGrafix

CutGrafix New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    I'm looking for a supplier of crystal clear application / pre-spacing tape, anywhere in the world. This product has been used by the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers for 10 to 15 years, but it hasn't made it's way into the general sign market (that I can find). It has storage properties that exceed anything else on the market and allows precise registration when fitting. It is very thin, strong and has a little stretch as well. None of my Australian suppliers can identify the product, so it's off to the experts! The pic attached is of a 5 year old Yamaha product which presents pretty much as new.

Thanks, Rod.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Going from memory ... years before anyone had a clear transfer tape, I used to get a clear plastic film with removable adhesive in sheets from either a plastics supplier or a screen printing supplier. It worked very well as a transfer tape. It was very thin, .001" thick, and I believe it was PETG plastic. If it wasn't PETG, it was Mylar which is similar. That may be what you're trying to identify.