• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a vinyl with really agressive adhesive

Dennis422

Hi there.
I have a customer that needs something that will adhere to their metal (Bare and sometimes printed) safety boxes (Metal box that is placed in the ditch while working in the ground)
I tried Oracal 3651, and Avery 1005EZ RS. Nothing was sticky enough for them.

Any suggestions. It would have to be thicker/tougher vinyl too.

Thanks

If you are printing on it maybe try some of the Convex vinyl? I have some here in the shop, it is definitely very sticky and seems to be pretty durable.

TXFB.INS

you are going to need a low energy material (high tack)

we have had great results with Arlon DPF 8000

Orajet 3015HT also comes to mind but is more costly last I checked

CS-SignSupply

The General Formulations HTAP product has been a good solution for several of my clients.

Let me know if you would like me to send you a small sample sheet to try.

MikePro

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 11.23.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 11.23.39 AM.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 190

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The General Formulations HTAP product has been a good solution for several of my clients.

Let me know if you would like me to send you a small sample sheet to try.

+1 for HTAP. That stuff sticks a bit too well sometimes :Big Laugh
Initial adhesion is much like any other vinyl, but give it 24 hours to "set" and it's sticks like superglue.

How long do you want it to last? According to our customers who try other cheaper products but come back to us, Convex High-Bond is the winner for a strong bond and durability. It is a 5+ year product. If a material shrinks a lot, it's a sure sign of incompatibility between the media and psa. Pitbull with 2 mils and PlaStick with 1.4 mils of psa are the most aggressive for LSE surfaces. They are often used for pelican cases and coolers. We also offer 5 yd rolls for small jobs and testing.

http://www.convexvinyl.com/convex-high-bond/
http://www.convexvinyl.com/pitbull/

Doug Goodloe
Convex Product Manager

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
+1 for HTAP. That stuff sticks a bit too well sometimes :Big Laugh
Initial adhesion is much like any other vinyl, but give it 24 hours to "set" and it's sticks like superglue.
Curious, has anyone used the HTAP for a wall mural? I need something super adhesive for a trouble wall, slightly textured painted wall. We put up 226 (which we usually use) and it's not sticking well.

Thanks!

CanuckSigns

Curious, has anyone used the HTAP for a wall mural? I need something super adhesive for a trouble wall, slightly textured painted wall. We put up 226 (which we usually use) and it's not sticking well.

Thanks!
Yes we have, it worked well, however keep in mind the product shrinks back more than most other 3 mil vinyls, and you will be covered in a fine layer of adhesive on your arms when you are done.