• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advice on a new Solvent Printer

rbaumer

we are looking for a new solvent printer to replace our HP Designjet 9000, we are an in house graphics department for a tradeshow design/builder company and the majority of our printing is on psv, laminated and mounted on sintra. we are currently looking at purchasing one of Rolands printers, either the XF-640 and the Pro4 XR-640... i am looking for feedback from folks who own and use these machines... likes and dislikes, reliability, print quality... etc.
any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!!

signmaker615

Roland and Mimaki

Hi, I currently use 2 Mimaki JV33's-Solvent printers. Both are 54" configured with white and silver. I have loved these printers for the last 3 years. I run them with the "out of the box" Rasterlink RIP software and I have had a lot of success with them. I also run a Roland 64" UV printer. I just looked at my next printer-A Roland XR-640. I am going to buy this through CGS in Minneapolis since they have reconfigured the printer-with permission from Roland-to swap out the Lt Cyan and Lt Mag for Orange and Green. You have to buy Oris Color Management software-but WOW! The colors achievable are amazing! The machine also has white and silver capabilities as well as cutting. Not sure if this helps or not but wanted to give my opinion.