• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Advice on New FAST Printer

tamathak1

I am currently looking at adding a new press. I am looking for quality and productivity. I am currently looking at the Durst 350 vs Vutek h5. Looking for experience and advice on both companies and machines. These are both in the max range of 100 or so boards an hour - at max speed. I am also wondering if I should look at a more affordable flatbed at half the speed because at the price they are at - I could get two machines….BUT space is important too - there is cost associated with that.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
What about the Durst 250hs? do you need the 3.5m width?
most boards are 2.4m in width.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don’t need it but looking to get a versatile machine…. I am not familiar with the 250hs.
To be fair it'll be easier to tell us what you're after? What are you trying to achieve? etc. It'll help with recommendations.

I don't think they make the 250 anymore as i can't see it on their site.
But i'd go Durst over EFI any day of the week.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
You'll get great service from Durst, especially in Illinois.

Are you looking at the P5 350 HS or just the P5 350?

tamathak1

I guess I was more hoping for people who have experience with these presses. I am looking for great quality with large volumes … but I was hoping for good color.
You'll get great service from Durst, especially in Illinois.

Are you looking at the P5 350 HS or just the P5 350?
i was looking at the p5 350. I like it but they aren’t including roll to roll. They want to up charge me. They told me it was included. Then came back and removed it later. I personally favor them.

Its a big purchase so I want to make sure that they are a good solid company that is easy to work with.

parrott

I have no experience running either one of those but I will throw Digitech into the hat of the more “less expensive” presses. We run ours two shifts at a steady 50 boards an hour. Great quality, color and adhesion. True flatbed so registration is spot on front/back.

I would imagine you can’t go wrong with Durst or EFI but I do feel like you can get more bang for your buck out of the smaller companies.

What application are you primarily printing?

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
I am currently looking at adding a new press. I am looking for quality and productivity. I am currently looking at the Durst 350 vs Vutek h5. Looking for experience and advice on both companies and machines. These are both in the max range of 100 or so boards an hour - at max speed. I am also wondering if I should look at a more affordable flatbed at half the speed because at the price they are at - I could get two machines….BUT space is important too - there is cost associated with that.
Hi. This is Donna from American Printing Systems/FLORAUSA, the master distributor of FLORA UV printers in the United States. FLORAUSA a has two great large format hybrid machines, the Flora Xtra 2000HUV 80″ UV LED Hybrid Printer which we in our show room in Wharton, NJ and can print samples or do demos if you like. There is also the Flora Xtra3300H 126" UV LED. There is a 5 row machine available with print speeds of 80 boards per hour. Please PM me if you would like anymore information or a quote. We also carry the Flora 2512 which is a 4x8' machine, new and reconditioned units. You can contact me by emailing us directly at Sales@florausa.net or by calling 862-437-1457 Thank you,
Donna A. Herrmann
Sales & Marketing
FLORA USA - (AMERICAN PRINTING SYSTEMS, LLC.)

105 W. Dewey Ave- Bldg C 17 - Wharton, NJ 07885
833-FLORA US
862-437-1457 x131
For support issues, address all inquiries to support@theaps.net
www.floraUSA.net
Flora USA - American Printing Systems is the official Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the United States.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hi. This is Donna from American Printing Systems/FLORAUSA, the master distributor of FLORA UV printers in the United States. FLORAUSA a has two great large format hybrid machines, the Flora Xtra 2000HUV 80″ UV LED Hybrid Printer which we in our show room in Wharton, NJ and can print samples or do demos if you like. There is also the Flora Xtra3300H 126" UV LED. Please PM me if you would like anymore information or a quote. We also carry the Flora 2512 hybrid which is a 4x8' machine, new and reconditioned units. You can contact me by emailing us directly at Sales@florausa.net or by calling 862-437-1457 Thank you,
Donna A. Herrmann
Sales & Marketing

833-FLORA US
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net
Flora USA - American Printing Systems is the official Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the United States.
Guy is looking for a machine that is 10 times faster and you are offering this?

:blondie:

FloraUSA

Guy is looking for a machine that is 10 times faster and you are offering this?

:blondie:
Yes, the OP referenced the possibility of a slower machine and getting two. With three rows of heads these machines will go about 40 boards an hour, 2= 80 boards per hour. 5 row printers are also available which print a 4x8 in 45 seconds which equals 80 boards per hour. Thank you.

Last edited:

FloraUSA

Hi. This is Donna from American Printing Systems/FLORAUSA, the master distributor of FLORA UV printers in the United States & Territories. FLORAUSA a has two great large format hybrid machines, the Flora Xtra 2000HUV 80″ UV LED Hybrid Printer which we have in our show room in Wharton, NJ I can print samples or do demos if you like. There is also the Flora Xtra3300H 126" UV LED. These would address your point of a slower machine and buying two, creating 80 boards per hour combined. With two machines you would never have downtime should you have one machine go down. There is a 5 row machine available with print speeds of 80 boards per hour.
Please PM me if you would like any more information or a quote. We also carry the Flora 2512 hybrid which is a 4x8' machine, new and reconditioned units. You can contact me by emailing us directly at Sales@florausa.net or by calling 862-437-1457
Thank you,
Donna A. Herrmann
Sales & Marketing

833-FLORA US
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Hi. This is Donna from American Printing Systems/FLORAUSA, the master distributor of FLORA UV printers in the United States & Territories. FLORAUSA a has two great large format hybrid machines, the Flora Xtra 2000HUV 80″ UV LED Hybrid Printer which we have in our show room in Wharton, NJ I can print samples or do demos if you like. There is also the Flora Xtra3300H 126" UV LED. These would address your point of a slower machine and buying two, creating 80 boards per hour combined. With two machines you would never have downtime should you have one machine go down. There is a 5 row machine available with print speeds of 80 boards per hour.
Please PM me if you would like any more information or a quote. We also carry the Flora 2512 hybrid which is a 4x8' machine, new and reconditioned units. You can contact me by emailing us directly at Sales@florausa.net or by calling 862-437-1457
Thank you,
Donna A. Herrmann
Sales & Marketing

833-FLORA US
862-437-1457 x131
www.floraUSA.net
Not to be mean, but there was a reason your post was most likely deleted in the first place. You need to be a merchant member to be soliciting anything on this website.

FloraUSA

Not to be mean, but there was a reason your post was most likely deleted in the first place. You need to be a merchant member to be soliciting anything on this website.
Hello Yes, our merchant account had expired and we just renewed it. :) -Donna

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
In general, with Durst, we find you get what you pay for. The service is great, and the machines run and run. Give them a long hard look.

Love the guys at Vanguard and Digitech too.

Take the time to go see the machines in action somewhere.

Superior_Adam

Keep in mind you wont run these machines at max speed to get quality prints. We run the EFI 24f and its not a high production machine like your looking. It says max speed is 36 boards/hr but to get quality that we want we are getting 8 boards/hr. Really need to get test prints and find out the true speed per hour for the quality your needing.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Keep in mind you wont run these machines at max speed to get quality prints. We run the EFI 24f and its not a high production machine like your looking. It says max speed is 36 boards/hr but to get quality that we want we are getting 8 boards/hr. Really need to get test prints and find out the true speed per hour for the quality your needing.
Well to be precise, that's pretty much exactly what they promise...
  • Production Mode 289 ft2/hr (27 m2/hr), 9 - 4ft x 8ft (1.2mx 2.4m) boards/hr
Production is supposed to mean the quality you run most.

Superior_Adam

Well to be precise, that's pretty much exactly what they promise...
  • Production Mode 289 ft2/hr (27 m2/hr), 9 - 4ft x 8ft (1.2mx 2.4m) boards/hr
Production is supposed to mean the quality you run most.
I knew exactly what the specs said before we bought it. And for our shop we are good with that as we are not a high production shop. My point was don't go off what max speed says on boards per hour as you will never see that number. If you look at the EFI website the h5 does not list anything except max speed so its not telling you what production mode will produce per hour.