• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advice on the best (fastest?) quality printer / cutter

jdwilliams1

Hello we have had an online sign business now for 12 years and have quickly grown from a 24 inch vinyl cutter to two mimaki jf1631 flatbeds and we kind of bypassed the full color printer cutter.

Well we are planning on growing our business into a few festivals and shows this year and would like a nice piece of equipment that is a bit more mobile. We currently print directly onto our aluminum substrates but we cannot travel with a flatbed printer so I need a way to print full color on vinyl and then use a laminator to apply print to aour aluminum blanks. We make everything from novelty street signs to full colors vintage ad signs.

Keep in mind we are traveling with this so probably to not want it too big...maybe 48 inch? I'm just guessing

I would assume we would print on vinyl, then mask the print and flip it over and weed out an edge we could slide our blank to and then drop the blank and send it through a laminator.

Would love opinions from the experts on here. any experience or links to machines you like or use. Our aluminum blanks are 4x18 all the way up to 24 x 36

Thanks in advance.