• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for advise on a big job

visual800

first off I doubt they even have this job done. To make it easier on you and to tell you what I would do. Just price them on the materials and tell them to line up having them installed. Chasing trucks around the nation is pointless, exhausting and honestly who can do that? Secondly they wont pay for your costs on the travel

price them on the prints take your money and run, dont make this difficult. Although the enticement of doing the install is nice if you unexperienced at this dont do it

valid points, thanks. I had Merritt price out about a dozen double sided banners for me earlier this year and they were about double the price of Gaprintco, who I ended up using. I'm not flaming Merritt at all, don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to save my machines and farm it out, but their banner prices deterred me from even looking.

21,000 s/f of vehicle is a hell of a different game than 12 banners as far as pricing and all the other variables...

How long would it take you to print and finish?
Do you have the ability to get a 3M CRM discount on the Medias based on the volume?
Do you have a warranty that holds water?
Relationships and working history with good installers?
Dedicated PM to handle logistics, schedule & Install teams?
RCC..(Resources, Credit and Cash flow) to fund?

If you answered no to any one ? above you should not even attempt taking this on with out a experienced partner with proven history and proper capabilities.

No matter whom you choose to partner with just make sure they got you covered. A lot of shops will claim they can handle a project like this and will fail... If they fail you fail... Just do your homework when selecting a partner.

waximoff

21,000 s/f of vehicle is a hell of a different game than 12 banners as far as pricing and all the other variables...

How long would it take you to print and finish?
Do you have the ability to get a 3M CRM discount on the Medias based on the volume?
Do you have a warranty that holds water?
Relationships and working history with good installers?
Dedicated PM to handle logistics, schedule & Install teams?
RCC..(Resources, Credit and Cash flow) to fund?

If you answered no to any one ? above you should not even attempt taking this on with out a experienced partner with proven history and proper capabilities.

No matter whom you choose to partner with just make sure they got you covered. A lot of shops will claim they can handle a project like this and will fail... If they fail you fail... Just do your homework when selecting a partner.

Thanks Michael, I'll be giving you a call this afternoon to go over this.

waximoff

Not to be a :thread but how do you pronounce your user name? Am i correct in reading it as "Whacks em off"?

Haha! Long story, but unfortunately yes. Just one of the many childhood nicknames that rhymed with my last name. Most of my friends usually just call me "Wax" for short.