• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for alternative bus wrap film.

zapblam

Currently using 3M IJ180. Been using 180 for several years. Looking for options that install with the same ease, but easier to remove.

MUST be 3M.
MUST handle hundreds of rivets.
MUST withstand snow salt degreasers, etc, thats mostly lam dependent thought.

Tried a 3500 product but leaves lots of adhesive around rivets. Ij40 testing

heyskull

I may as well be the first to answer on this one.

I reckon you are already using the correct material for the job especially with the rivets and conditions this is being used in.
As I have found, if you find a material that is easier to remove usually means it does adhere that well in the first place.
Removal is always the end users issues not the installer.
I have had plenty people coming in asking how to remove vinyl but they would of been in alot sooner if the material had came of.

SC

MikePro

IJ40 is garbage, and not intended for rivets. calendared vinyl, flat panel only, maybe 2-3years tops.

if you're looking for a price-break, you're not gonna get quality and price in the same package from 3M.
We use 3M across the board (IJ180 included), but switch to Arlon DPF 6000XRP when we need to save some $$$ without compromising quality. Oracal is great too.

zapblam

Yea the rivets are the catch. If the whole transit fleet was nice flat Newflyers one could use anything.

Figured it doesn't hurt to ask.