• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for aluminum trim

bigben

So I've got a customer that want an aluminum trim around his mural. I hate the idea, but he is paying for. I've tried to find a good solution and the only model I've found is a technical drawing. But no information on where I could get them.

If possible, I would like to have a source in Canada (Montreal area). I'm open to all suggestions also.

Thanks.

Attachments

• aluminium trim.jpg
    aluminium trim.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 158

bigben

I've found some pictures on the net of how it should look like.

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 128
  • trim2.jpg
    trim2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 122

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is the mural made of ??
What's the finished size of the mural ??
What size trim do you desire ??
How is the mural being fastened to the wall ??

bigben

What is the mural made of ??
What's the finished size of the mural ??
What size trim do you desire ??
How is the mural being fastened to the wall ??

What is the mural made of= general formulation 226 (6mil vinyl)
What's the finished size of the mural= 241in wide X 95in high
What size trim do you desire= something around 2in X 1/4 thick, anodized aluminum color
How is the mural being fastened to the wall= the mural is stick on the wall (vinyl)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Alright, so there is NO substrate involved other than vinyl applied directly to a wall. You just want to add a decorative border.

Why not call Clarke Systems, see if they have a distributor up your way ?? They have a strip that looks just about like the one you have pictured and all you hafta do is to place some clips every so often and snap the frame in place. They're really for directories, but thinking outside the box, it would work nicely.

bigben

Alright, so there is NO substrate involved other than vinyl applied directly to a wall. You just want to add a decorative border.

Why not call Clarke Systems, see if they have a distributor up your way ?? They have a strip that looks just about like the one you have pictured and all you hafta do is to place some clips every so often and snap the frame in place. They're really for directories, but thinking outside the box, it would work nicely.

no luck. They said they can not help me with this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just don't use that kind. Get the ones that go in the regular directories and anchor them in as needed